• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2017 Ecoboost in RCR GTR

Started by GTR, November 20, 2018, 12:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTR

Looking to see if anyone has transplated a 2017 Ecoboost motor yet, I am just starting a build on a Race Car Replica' GTR it looks like a 2006 GT-40 but wider. My biggest road block is getting the engine management system figured out. I have most of the wiring from the donor truck along with the brain, and I also acquired a wiring harness from Ford for their Crate motors. Any help on this would be welcomed. I just don't know if I can get the aftermarket harness to work with the GEN 2 motor.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

There were two swaps recently if I remember right. One here into a Truck? and a 1969-1970 Mustang somewhere in the USA ? Search it up.

autobahn terror

Quote from: Macgyver on November 20, 2018, 08:30:27 PM
There were two swaps recently if I remember right. One here into a Truck? and a 1969-1970 Mustang somewhere in the USA ? Search it up.

I believe the '69 Mustang Swap was being done by MPT Performance, (out of Florida I think), They do a lot of 3.5 stuff. I believe they have also tuned 3.5's in Kit Cars as well.

If you are talking about the M-6017-35CNTRL control pack / harness, ford states only for the 2013-thru-2016 engines from a donor F150. Now I dont know if thats just because they wrote the info for it in 2016 or not, but I am sure CJpony parts or MPT would be able to answer your question if someone else on this forum can not. I also searched around and found some re-sellers, "summit", also quoting the 2013-2016 years.
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

GTR

Thank you for the info any additional insights are welcomed

SHOdded

I would start by contacting integrators such as Black Market Racing, or the manufacturers of the custom controllers directly.  Too early yet to see public details on similar projects I think.  People are probably doing this, but keeping it under wraps for now.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!