• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Member from Southern WI

Started by milligsc, November 19, 2018, 12:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milligsc

Hi folks, checking in from WI. I am currently replacing the engine in a 2011 SHO with an engine from a 2014 SHO. Looks like some good info on here.

SHOdded

Welcome to our little corner of the universe :D  What happened to the engine in the 2011 SHO?  Not too many obstacles to getting the Gen 5 engine in your Gen 4, thankfully.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

milligsc

Quote from: SHOdded on November 19, 2018, 06:42:53 PM
Welcome to our little corner of the universe :D  What happened to the engine in the 2011 SHO?  Not too many obstacles to getting the Gen 5 engine in your Gen 4, thankfully.
35 psi compression on number 5 and 6. 115 psi on the rest. Looks like a valve or ring issue although I think even the "good" cylinders are low. Turbos were puking oil also. It actually ran decent with a rough idle. It has 140k may be tuned, has cold air, aftermarket pipes with no cats and has been lowered. So I assume it's been  beat on. I'm gonna pull the head off and see maybe if it's a simple valve issue. Probably replace the engine with a 50k engine I picked up. Not sure if I should be afraid of the trans at 140k though.  It shifted ok and fluid looks good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

If the engine problems have been there the entire time you have owned the car, it is hard to draw a conclusion on transmission behavior.  But having the engine/trans out of the car is a good time to replace the sensors under the main control cover, check solenoid body and valve body also.  If fluid looks good, along with a fluid exchange, that should have the trans ready for another 140K.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Markboni55

Welcome from Gurnee IL! Which part of southern WI are you from? Always willing to lend a hand if you need any help.

milligsc

Quote from: Markboni55 on November 20, 2018, 10:08:00 AM
Welcome from Gurnee IL! Which part of southern WI are you from? Always willing to lend a hand if you need any help.
I love just outside janesville.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk