• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

EPP Hot pipes plumbing

Started by Katnexp, November 18, 2018, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katnexp

After nearly a year with my hot pipes I finally came across ZSHO's post about his install and it helped. However I wanted to try and get some further clarification if possible. I've attached the pics of my hot pipes. First couple of pics show the hose that the installer chose to run to the bov for vacuum. Are the locations in the 3rd and 4th pics where it's recommended to actually splice in to? And lastly I finally plugged the rear factory bov back in hoping to avoid the p0035 code I keep getting. Is it ok to leave it open to the elements like that or should I cover it with something? Thanks in advance.
2014 Explorer Sport. NGK plugs, 170 degree thermostat, 3 bar, MDesign intake, EPP Hot Pipes, TiAL bov, Livernois catted DPs, 3rd cat delete, Borla S-Type with Magnaflow X resonator, Unleashed 93 tune, AJPTurbo tune, H&R springs, TRS Morimoto hid and led fog kit

Katnexp

2014 Explorer Sport. NGK plugs, 170 degree thermostat, 3 bar, MDesign intake, EPP Hot Pipes, TiAL bov, Livernois catted DPs, 3rd cat delete, Borla S-Type with Magnaflow X resonator, Unleashed 93 tune, AJPTurbo tune, H&R springs, TRS Morimoto hid and led fog kit

ZSHO

The boost reference solenoid in NOT a reliable source for vacuum! Need to tap into the brake booster line for vacuum reference.
What's the first PIC line too! !
R U trying to connect a Meth kit!   Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8616.15.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Katnexp

The first pic of the orange hose is what runs to the bov. That's just the way the guy decided to hook it up I guess. I'm in Houston so we don't have shops that really deal with ecoboosts. It's almost all LSX shops down here. Or maybe he just didn't know how else to tap in to it. But I have no plans on adding meth. I think I'll just buy that vacuum line kit that you linked in your post and try to do it correctly this time. I've been having a hell of a time getting it tuned right. I'm sure Torrie and AJP are tired of hearing from me with the same issue over and over lol. And should I cover that rear stock bov with something or will it be fine like that?

And here's a pic of the line plugged in to the tial.

ZSHO

There are a couple of issues here! Need to remove the existing hose Pronto!  Need to make sure that the wastegate hose is sealed and leak free which can cause an over boost condition if not secured properly!  That's probably your tuning issue right there !!!

Is that rear BOV connected ! Don't let it touch the manifold and you should be fine...
I would just get a Brass tee barb 3/8 x 3/8 x 1/4 and a few 1/4 or 6-8 mm hose clamps.
Need to hear the Tial BOV working under vacuum!! Here's my very own Dedicated Video. Best of luck.  Z

https://youtu.be/HWCgElUB3wU

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2368.15.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Katnexp

I got the orange hose removed and replaced the hose that had been tapped in to. I searched high and low in town but ended up having to order the tee fitting. Luckily it'll be here tomorrow. The last issue is that my break boost line is hard plastic from the booster to the intake except for a small section of 15/32's flex hose near the check valve. Only thing is that the first section of hard plastic line seems smaller than the longer section that connects to the intake. Do I tap in to the hard plastic? And if so do I do it in the smaller (and smaller diameter)section or the longer section that runs along the strut tower brace then to the intake?

And yes I reconnected the rear bov. It's zip tied away from the manifold.

ZSHO

I would disconnect the brake booster line from the intake port and make certain to only cut a very small section of the PCV line on the firewall side smaller than the actual 3/8 Tee!

There is NOT much room for trial and error @ location you highlighted.  Z 

Katnexp

Finally got it all fixed. Tial is sounding the way its supposed to. I was nervous to cut the hard line but the band clamps cinched it all up just right. Just got some datalogs so I can send them to AJP for a good tune. Thank you for all your help!

ZSHO

Glad to be of assistance! Hoping you can enjoy your Sport just in time for the Holidays.  Z