• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

315s?

Started by Katnexp, November 17, 2018, 06:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katnexp

Does anyone think I could fit a 20x10/10.5 with a 315 on the back of my exp sport? I'm gonna have to something new cause my wheels and tires are trashed. Thanks.
2014 Explorer Sport. NGK plugs, 170 degree thermostat, 3 bar, MDesign intake, EPP Hot Pipes, TiAL bov, Livernois catted DPs, 3rd cat delete, Borla S-Type with Magnaflow X resonator, Unleashed 93 tune, AJPTurbo tune, H&R springs, TRS Morimoto hid and led fog kit

Sabtaj1

Don't know of anyone that has tried it.  I ran 20x8.5 with 275/40 fronts and 20x10 with 315/35 on my flex without any issues. Think offset was 35 for fronts and 42 for rears. Hope that helps a little.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

ToMang07

I imagine they would, I ran 295s on my taurus, Just need the right wheels/offset.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

Katnexp

Thanks for the input guys. I did some reading around and even though both a 315/35/20 and 275/40/20 are the exact same overall diameter, I'm not sure if I should chance running different sizes for fear of breaking something with the awd unit. Especially if I'm gonna be running the truck hard off the line from time to time. Btw here's what I'm planning on getting...
2014 Explorer Sport. NGK plugs, 170 degree thermostat, 3 bar, MDesign intake, EPP Hot Pipes, TiAL bov, Livernois catted DPs, 3rd cat delete, Borla S-Type with Magnaflow X resonator, Unleashed 93 tune, AJPTurbo tune, H&R springs, TRS Morimoto hid and led fog kit

Sabtaj1

Quote from: Katnexp on November 18, 2018, 08:14:33 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I did some reading around and even though both a 315/35/20 and 275/40/20 are the exact same overall diameter, I'm not sure if I should chance running different sizes for fear of breaking something with the awd unit. Especially if I'm gonna be running the truck hard off the line from time to time. Btw here's what I'm planning on getting...

I never had any issues with the AWD unit running my set up.  Actually went 12.14 in my flex with that set up and consistent 12.20's without having any issues.  ran that set up for a couple years.  Just cant rotate the tires, so keep that in mind.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

fsttyms1

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on November 19, 2018, 03:38:07 AM
Quote from: Katnexp on November 18, 2018, 08:14:33 PM

I never had any issues with the AWD unit running my set up.  Actually went 12.14 in my flex with that set up and consistent 12.20's without having any issues.  ran that set up for a couple years.  Just cant rotate the tires, so keep that in mind.

I know this is an old post but i ran the staggered setup for 2 years with zero issue, then moved up to 20x10 +40  on the front as well to run 315s on the front. they dont stick out or rub