• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Just got P-0151 code

Started by Stonej97, November 16, 2018, 07:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonej97

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I own a 2013 Ford Taurus SHO PP with an AFE intake and tune by torrie, just today when driving home from college the check engine light came on. When i got home i ran the code and the sct told me P-0151 and upon research i should replace the 02 sensor, along with the other sensor near it. I have no clue what part numbers i have to order and that's after a lot of research. Also, do i have to replace them in pairs or just the bank 2 sensor 1? Thanks for any help.
2013 Ford Taurus SHO PP
Current mods: Afe Intake, Unleashed Tuning

SHOdded

Welcome to the community, Stoney!

How long have you owned the 2013?  Was it running fine before each of the mods you put on?  Did you change spark plugs, clean MAP sensors, etc.?  O2s are the end of the line of all the c*** shoved down their throats by the other combustion-related parts:  sparks, injectors, MAP and IAT sensors, etc.  So I would start at the real possibilities first.

If all checks out, the O2 sensors are best located by VIN, but ZSHO had just posted the part #s a couple of days back, I am sure he will chime in & verify.  Downstreams hardly ever fail, the upstream widebands are not nearly as sturdy.

Here are the fronts he listed:
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,299.msg144246.html#msg144246
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Welcome aboard the E.B.P.F Stonej97! How many miles on your SHO!
I would replace both Front primary 02 sensors which are wide-bands in pairs which use the same identical part numbers .
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.  Z

$64.79 ea

MOTORCRAFT DY1185  - 8F9Z9F472H Heated

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3421647&cc=1503823&jsn=10480

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,exhaust+&+emission,oxygen+(o2)+sensor,5132

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Stonej97

Hey everyone thanks for the replies! I bought the SHO new in 2013 in Georgia, and now it is at 98,450 miles. But yes the car ran great before all the mods and after, this is the first issue I've had with it. I've put all new plugs in along with cleaning everything a couple months ago while i was doing some other maintenance. I could check gap on plugs again but i think it's the O2 sensors. I will be going with a new map sensor soon as long as the current issue clears up. But ZSHO i think i will replace both, I'll try to find the part numbers and order them soon.
2013 Ford Taurus SHO PP

ZSHO

The part numbers are listed ^^ and should be replaced in pairs!

FYI - Both front 02 sensors use the same part number.
The P0151 is related to bank 2 sensor 1 and while P0131 is Bank 1 sensor 1 IIRC.
Follow the above mentioned instructions and you should be Golden.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Stonej97

Oh wow how did i miss that, my bad, I'm actually working on my audi right now so I'm pretty preoccupied haha but thank you for all the help, going to order them right now!
2013 Ford Taurus SHO PP

ZSHO

No worries!  :)  I would also replace the Downstream Front sensor which is located right under the oil filter and the rear downstream sensor considering the current mileage for a peace of mind! TOTAL OF FOUR NEEDED.  Best of luck.  Z

Downstream Front
Motorcraft DY1155
- $38.99

Downstream Rear heated.
Motorcraft DY1167
- $41.79

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,exhaust+&+emission,oxygen+(o2)+sensor,5132