• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 Ecoboost No Crank No Start

Started by ToMang07, November 11, 2018, 02:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToMang07

Jumped in it the other day, everything turned on like normal, then it wouldn't crank or turn over. Just a relay click. First thought was the battery was dead, put the charger and the 200amp starter on it, same.

Replaced the battery, same. Replaced the starter, same. Checked all fuses and relays, and all accessible wiring. Nothing. No codes come up using forscan. Ignition is tight. Neutral/Park makes no difference.

I'm out of ideas. There are no recalls on the truck. It was not in an accident, it was driven home, parked, the next day won't start. Nothing changed.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

ZSHO

It could be something related to the PATS or Anti-theft system! Dunno. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ToMang07

That's the only thing left I can think of....how the hell do you test that?
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

wraitherx

Quote from: ToMang07 on November 11, 2018, 06:04:15 PM
That's the only thing left I can think of....how the hell do you test that?
Try with your other key and your main in the house.  PATS failing is not uncommon. When I used to work on cars we'd have cars where there key just up and died which is part of the pats system. However, seeing as the car says "key not detected" one would assume that it would have some sort of message or error if any part of the pats failed. Only other way than that would be to take it to the stealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

ToMang07

Tried the other key, didn't work either.
~Tom~

ZSHO

Sometimes in below freezing temps can cause this issue from past experiences.
I would try to check thr ignition lock cylinder (tumbler).  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ToMang07

This is officially NOT a starter/battery issue. I jumped the starter with the key in the on position and it'll turn over all day but still won't start.

Checked the individual systems with Forscan and these are the codes/systems that came up with issues. 

I'm thinking this is a U0131 Advance Track/Column (SCCM) communication error that is disabling the system. As far as I can tell this is not a PATS issue, there is no PATS light blinking or anything. 
~Tom~

SHOdded

Ummm why does it say F150?  The SHO looks nothing like an F150 but for the blew oval.

But yeah, a wiring problem of some sort seems to be the conclusion here.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ToMang07

It is a F150, a 2014. My SHO is a 2013
~Tom~

SHOdded

Gotcha.  Didnt see in the signature, but did not look at the section either lol.

The first thing to check is whether these modules have a common grounding point, and if so whether it is a physical one or a ground reference provided by the PCM.  Seems it would be more consistent if provided by the PCM tho.  Will have to look at the schematics.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ToMang07

I found roughly 7 grounds and they were all good. Not much rust/corrosion on the truck.

It's probably going to the dealer via tow truck today or tomorrow, more likely tomorrow since it's freezing rain out right now.
~Tom~

ZSHO

It most definitely sparks back memories on my previous vehicle which had an intermittent no crank no start issue and later remedied by soldering one of the wires on the EWS module....

Check and inspect the PCM under the hood by removing and cleaning the harness connectors while using some electronic cleaner in the process as it acts as the Brain to the vehicle! Best of luck. Z

ToMang07

Well, it's been at Ford for a while now, and it's not looking good. As of Monday, they assigned a second (2 now assigned to it) tech, because they can't figure it out. They thought it was the BCM, they replaced it, nothing. They are basically shooting in the dark now, but they have no idea what's wrong with it.

What's really pissing me off is they keep trying to blame us for the electrical issues. They keep re-asking about programmers, what was done, by who, etc, multiple times.
~Tom~

SHOdded

Just gotta stand your ground, especially if is warranty work.

ToMang07

Quote from: SHOdded on November 23, 2018, 10:42:10 AM
Just gotta stand your ground, especially if is warranty work.

It won't be, unfortunately. Which makes it all the more irritating.
~Tom~