• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Odd negative LTFT values - 2012 F-150 EB

Started by jibtechwarrior, November 11, 2018, 11:27:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

attach the XLS/CSV files directly to your post.  you do have to do a preview to get to the full version of the post box which gives you various formatting/attachment options.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

You mentioned vacuum leaks causing fuel trims to be off...that's not really true in this case because your air is metered at the manifold rather than pre in the case of a maf fueled engine

If you have an exhaust leak causing the issue it would have to be between the head and primary 02 sensor

I think the fuel scaling in the tune is wrong for the E0 fuel you are using...you are over fuel by at least 4% by using E0 fuel with stock parameters in the tune but that's not accounting for the 15% error you have now

But the stock fuel tuning isn't that great always in the ecoboost...and you have made changes to the volumetric efficiency by doing headwork and cat work so that can be a factor as well

You may not have anything wrong at all besides fuel tuning
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

jibtechwarrior

Quote from: AJP turbo on November 13, 2018, 06:22:39 PM
You mentioned vacuum leaks causing fuel trims to be off...that's not really true in this case because your air is metered at the manifold rather than pre in the case of a maf fueled engine

If you have an exhaust leak causing the issue it would have to be between the head and primary 02 sensor

I think the fuel scaling in the tune is wrong for the E0 fuel you are using...you are over fuel by at least 4% by using E0 fuel with stock parameters in the tune but that's not accounting for the 15% error you have now

But the stock fuel tuning isn't that great always in the ecoboost...and you have made changes to the volumetric efficiency by doing headwork and cat work so that can be a factor as well

You may not have anything wrong at all besides fuel tuning

Thank you, I will do my best to work with the information you've given me, I appreciate it. I've had a warped manifold on this truck before, so I know what an exhaust leak is like. It got new manifolds and hardware, and I torqued every fastener on the motor to spec, also it shows no signs of having any exhaust leaks at all. Both banks would have to be leaking as well which is even more out of the realm of possibility.
2012 EB F-150. Forged shortblock, pocket ported heads, catless downpipes, intake and a really good tune.

SHOdded

Did you get the stock manifolds or the aftermarket "solid core" ones?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jibtechwarrior

Quote from: SHOdded on November 13, 2018, 07:53:03 PM
Did you get the stock manifolds or the aftermarket "solid core" ones?
Stock manifolds.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

2012 EB F-150. Forged shortblock, pocket ported heads, catless downpipes, intake and a really good tune.

jibtechwarrior

My tuner messaged me the other day stating another 3.5 EcoBoost he's tuning (head games ported heads, twin EFR's) does not have the same negative trim issues as my truck, and his port work and mod list is far more aggressive. I considered the fact that perhaps I'm getting lower than optimal fuel pressure at cruise and idle (where the LTFT's go the most negative) causing poor atomization, but the DI pump and injectors are brand new, and the truck exhibits no signs of drivability issues other than poor highway fuel economy. I also double checked that rockauto sent me the right O² sensors and they are...17323 and 17321 respectively.

I smoke checked the intake as well. Found a crack in my intercooler and patched it - however it didn't make any difference in my LTFT values once it was repaired.

I'm open to advice, as I'm nearing the point of throwing parts at it - perhaps another set of OE injectors.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk