• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

J2 intake - True Dual intake installed

Started by Jordan, February 24, 2019, 10:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StealBlueSho

I mean... how much difference did it make? Cause that thing is silly expensive.. and thats coming from ME...who spends stupid money on dumb stuff..

FYI.. the blues dont match.. ;-)

Jordan

Quote from: BJSHO on February 24, 2019, 10:48:56 AM
I mean... how much difference did it make? Cause that thing is silly expensive.. and thats coming from ME...who spends stupid money on dumb stuff..

FYI.. the blues dont match.. ;-)

yeah it was silly expensive, but gotta pay to play. Mostly wanted it as a supporting mod when the big boys happen. At around $400 I think it would be more worth it honestly. It was a pain in the butt to fit in and fitment was really tight, had some binding up happen a lil bit. Not being produced anymore so honestly glad I finally have it. Hopefully the blues match better in appropriate sunlight LOL. Left side was getting hit while the right side was more into the garage the way I parked it.

StealBlueSho

Interesting for sure....

EcoPowerParts is releasing a dual feed intake for the SHO in the next month or so... curious where it's gonna be priced.

802SHO

Its undeniably very good looking regardless.  Should be the only intake option that exists other than stock imho
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

802SHO

I don't get the 800 price tag though.  The market is small already.  Who are the potential buyers?  Mostly ppl who already have their car tuned and more than likely already have an intake other than stock.  Why should those ppl take their old intakes and trash them and pay 800?  All said and done its literally maybe $100 filter and less than $100 in tubing.  $400 makes more sense all day long.  Its the old saying...charge me a million dollars and get my business once, or charge me a reasonable rate and get my business forever. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Jordan

Quote from: 802SHO on February 24, 2019, 11:20:39 AM
I don't get the 800 price tag though.  The market is small already.  Who are the potential buyers?  Mostly ppl who already have their car tuned and more than likely already have an intake other than stock.  Why should those ppl take their old intakes and trash them and pay 800?  All said and done its literally maybe $100 filter and less than $100 in tubing.  $400 makes more sense all day long.  Its the old saying...charge me a million dollars and get my business once, or charge me a reasonable rate and get my business forever. 

I paid $610 total, but I still don't believe it was worth that much. That was at a free shipping plus $50 off from the group buy rate. So it would had been $660 plus shipping. It isn't lucrative enough for him to continue either which is also interesting.

ZSHO

The intake looks good Jordan! Don't think the overpriced Hennessey will do better as far as performance gains! enjoy.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Moisme33

I wish I would've known about this dual intake sooner because they are not manufacturing these anymore.
With that said, I saw on the book of face in the SHO Owners club group that some user said they spoke with AFE about making a dual intake option for our platform and said that they would need to see a good deal of interest in order for them to put one into production. If any of you have facebook and want to voice your opinion then here is the link https://m.facebook.com/groups/2254469276?view=permalink&id=10156871198614277

Jordan

Quote from: Moisme33 on February 27, 2019, 08:55:38 PM
I wish I would've known about this dual intake sooner because they are not manufacturing these anymore.
With that said, I saw on the book of face in the SHO Owners club group that some user said they spoke with AFE about making a dual intake option for our platform and said that they would need to see a good deal of interest in order for them to put one into production. If any of you have facebook and want to voice your opinion then here is the link https://m.facebook.com/groups/2254469276?view=permalink&id=10156871198614277

Hard pass. Mike Bambic is making one that should be available soon. Plus that dude is acting like a turd wouldn't want someone like that organizing a group buy lol. Not saying AFE can't make a quality product

creepmuzik

For a stock replacement on low to mid level modding, I could see considerable gains being realistic.  I was already getting 19lbs held with my Airaid and my mods.  IMO, it seems like it creates boost much more efficiently and the BOVs are seeping out the excess during light acceleration which lead me to believe I was leaking.  When you drop the hammer, they lock and the kick is pretty damn exciting and boost is right where it should be.  I was able to get a peek at some dyno comparisons and the power curve was smoother with a few extra horses throughout the band over the Airaid.  Boost spikes are reduced and it changes the dynamics during shifts.  The sound is definitely much more exciting and I'm interested to see how it performs at the track.  Unfortunately, I have zero patience with new parts and my next run will be with both the IC and the Dual CAI so I won't be able to do a track comparison that isolates the CAI. My last trip to the track w the IC was with bad fuel (I found out after) and my plans to have progressive data were dashed.  Fun piece for sure but definitely pricey given how simple it really is.  Agree with Jordan about fitment issues but it works.  I think they took a bath on the project trying to meet the initial price that was quoted which would explain why it was discontinued after only one run.
2014 SHO non-PP Tuxedo Black
GH E30, GH IC, Xdi-35 HPFP, PPE catted DPs, J2 Fab Dual Inlet CAI, MSD Coils, H&R Springs, Torque Mounts, JLT Catch Can, Oil Cap Breather w/front vent delete, EPP Noisemaker Delete, NITTO NT555s on stock Flowers
PB: 12.1 @ 112 mph - DA 0-200 [w/Airaid CAI and before IC]