• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Re: Bogging/shifting problems

Started by shoNoff, November 02, 2018, 05:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

I run the continental dws06's on my car. Now I know the 35 series is causing more wheelhop then a stock 45 series. I know its not a loss of traction or suspension related. Now I know swapping out my springs this winter will get rid of some spin and maybe help. Its in the drivetrain I can feel it. The nose dips because the power cuts out. Its usually about 80/100 feet out it happens. Now when I come out hard and the car actually shifts its an incredibly hard and horrible 1-2 shift. Im talking dashboard shaking.

Z is there anyway you can move just the posts about this topic to a new section? Im afraid we might lose some of the info starting a new thread.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

Jordan

Quote from: shoNoff on November 03, 2018, 03:39:05 PM
I run the continental dws06's on my car. Now I know the 35 series is causing more wheelhop then a stock 45 series. I know its not a loss of traction or suspension related. Now I know swapping out my springs this winter will get rid of some spin and maybe help. Its in the drivetrain I can feel it. The nose dips because the power cuts out. Its usually about 80/100 feet out it happens. Now when I come out hard and the car actually shifts its an incredibly hard and horrible 1-2 shift. Im talking dashboard shaking.

Z is there anyway you can move just the posts about this topic to a new section? Im afraid we might lose some of the info starting a new thread.

This is where a solid trans mount would come in handy. Heck I would even check out your stock mounts because they could be on their way out. Sounds like you have a lot of movement in there.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

ZSHO

Done! Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on November 03, 2018, 12:41:57 PM
@- shoNoff feel free to start a separate Topic in the Troubleshooting section!   :)
Something is definitely a miss based on the great video you provided earlier!,
It could also be suspension related especially if your nose is dipping IMO!

I also ran the Continental DW summer tires for a while and served me quite well which also netted me a best 1.752 60' times....
I am eagerly awaiting to try the Dunlops extreme sports very soon. Z

I've had such a wide range of 60fts.  From a 1.74 to a 2.0!   The DW is a great tire.  I'm not sure what I'll go with for new tires yet but they'll either be Nitto or Pirelli drag tires
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

shoNoff

Quote from: Jordan on November 03, 2018, 03:55:52 PM

This is where a solid trans mount would come in handy. Heck I would even check out your stock mounts because they could be on their way out. Sounds like you have a lot of movement in there.

I fully agree with you here. A solid mount would sure limit wheel hop and turn it into spin. After the winter I'm going to get the car up of the lift and heck all the mounts. I agree I'm thinking there is a lot of movement in my drivetrain.

Macgyver

Quote from: jims2015 on November 03, 2018, 02:15:56 PM
Quote from: Jordan on November 03, 2018, 11:36:54 AM
I have the issue of losing traction on the 1-2 shift. Myself and brad have really tried adjusting a few things as far as the shifting goes. It'll lose traction on the 1-2 hit then completely pull itself out of gear because the stability/ traction control completely freaks out. I only have this problem launching on hard prep at the strip or in wet conditions on the street. Launching at 2k on the dry road I will be fine. Launching 2k on a prepped strip gotta watch the traction. Pretty sure it's due to the fact that I am off the heavy prep at the top of 1st.

I also was losing traction on the 1-2 at the drag strip to the point the car would actually dance sideways and trigger stability control. One time it even shut down for about 10 seconds almost giving me a heart attack. From that point on, I always completely turned off stability control and never had a problem since.

It happens with or without stability control on.

AJP has had people experience the issue and has not found a "fix" for it.

Now the question is. Do other tune packages like Unleashed or Livernois tuned cars have this problem? Maybe it is something simple in the tune as the more fluid did not fix it for me.

shoNoff

I have had the problem with an unleashed tune as well. As a matter of fact my unleashed tune seems to do it more. I have the advancetrac off in my car and it does it. I've never tried launching it that hard in advancetrac sport mode.

Macgyver

Thats good in a way. At least it is not a single tuner thing.

I guess I need to load my 93 AJP tune and see if it does it with that. I have had it happen on my E30 only but the weather has changed.

Wheel spin seems to be the culprit imho. I think all my instances happen with some type of wheel spin. Not hop. Just spin.

I have also tried "D" and "S" transmission selections. Both "failed".

Maybe using "S" mode and paddle shift early?

I will have to try this. If that works then it will be easy for a tuner to adjust the 1st to 2nd shift point.

ZSHO

I would try to rule out a weak solenoid or a new solenoid body assembly!
The TSS & OSS sensors too. Z

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hzAzBdEUs5jFGk2sxjSoGQM_T7_UPnnd/view?usp=drivesdk

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|