• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AJPTurbo....Brad is the Man.

Started by SM105K, October 29, 2018, 10:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Yup common problem, easy fix, and often not addressed probably coz the cars are not driven like bats outta hell :D  When they ARE fireballing, Ford's cornercutting becomes all too evident.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on October 30, 2018, 06:42:32 PM
Brad is definitely the best tuner ive had the chance to work with. By far the best at explaining things and offering advice. +10 for ajpturbo

As bummed as you were/are about the boost line disconnect and its effects...still a new PB with that condition?  Jeez thats impressive!  So you definitely would have been even faster and I guess that's the worst part, wondering how fast you would have been that day!  Still thats a very impressive tune only run with a  boost leak!  Jeez Brad! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

AJP turbo

Yeah a boost leak and massive throttle closures...but that is a good thing...actual boost pressure never exceeded normal amount so that is good but the turbo was probably spinning pretty fast
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

802SHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on November 20, 2018, 12:59:42 PM
Yeah a boost leak and massive throttle closures...but that is a good thing...actual boost pressure never exceeded normal amount so that is good but the turbo was probably spinning pretty fast

Sounds like it remained safe which is the most important thing anyone could ever ask for in a tune with any type of engine issue.  Lol of course with an issue you shouldnt take a few passes at the track!  Haha but who knew beforehand!? 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on November 20, 2018, 12:44:50 PM
Yup common problem, easy fix, and often not addressed probably coz the cars are not driven like bats outta hell :D  When they ARE fireballing, Ford's cornercutting becomes all too evident.

Yeah it could have been way worse.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

TopherSho

Count me in the club as well.  mine was popping off under tune but not stock.  EVERY boosted line is now clamped that i could reach. 
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on November 20, 2018, 12:51:16 PM
Quote from: GhostlyGrenade on October 30, 2018, 06:42:32 PM
Brad is definitely the best tuner ive had the chance to work with. By far the best at explaining things and offering advice. +10 for ajpturbo

As bummed as you were/are about the boost line disconnect and its effects...still a new PB with that condition?  Jeez thats impressive!  So you definitely would have been even faster and I guess that's the worst part, wondering how fast you would have been that day!  Still thats a very impressive tune only run with a  boost leak!  Jeez Brad!

I was bummed, but at the end of the day...she stayed safe AND went faster. I am going to go through everything this weekend and make sure all connections are secure.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SM105K

The tune is lights out, I have had a lot of fun with it.  I have a couple of things I want to try with this revision to see it we can get the E.T. down more.  I bet I can get it to sixty in the low 1.70's with more seat time.  I see a 12.3x in the future. 

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on November 20, 2018, 01:04:01 PM

Sounds like it remained safe which is the most important thing anyone could ever ask for in a tune with any type of engine issue.  Lol of course with an issue you shouldnt take a few passes at the track!  Haha but who knew beforehand!?

Quote from: TopherSho on November 20, 2018, 02:02:40 PM
Count me in the club as well.  mine was popping off under tune but not stock.  EVERY boosted line is now clamped that i could reach. 

It did remain safe.  I will go into detail on my findings along the way to finding the blown off line.  About two weeks ago I was driving to Cali (about a 360 mile drive for me).  Along the way I was notice my BOV's were acting off.  They were very active, and blowing off at very light throttle (first sign).  However, on the street I don't run the car over 90 mph (unless I am datalogging in Mexico) so I didn't have a reference in my perceived loss of the big end speed.   With my license plate, I inflict most heartbreak street light to street light.  I emailed Brad and he said send me the logs and check the oring's in the BOV's.

I dragged my feet on the logs and checking the BOV's. I have been stupid busy at work.  I went home and checked the BOV's and the orings were good.  I looked over the top end and somehow missed this line.  I am kinda embarrassed because I have owned many turbo cars and usually don't miss things like that.  I went to Mexico, got my data, and went home. I sat and reviewed the logs and did notice the difference between turbo and MAP boost pressures (second sign).  Hind sight rearing its head. I sent him the logs late Friday night.   

Went to the track early Saturday afternoon/evening.  I got 3 passes.  12.68, 12.61, 12.56 all with MPH under 109 (third sign). It went faster with less mph in my head because my sixty foot was getting better.  1.88, 1.81, 1.77 for the passes.  I replaced the brakes the weekend before and it now holds the line with more rpm and I am seeing boost before I launch now. However, the big end didn't feel right (another sign).   

On the way home Brad literally emailed me and told me not to drive the car hard. OOPS. He saw what I saw in the logs and instantly knew what was happening.  I fixed the issue, went back to Mexico, top end returned, and I have to email the new logs to Brad.  Getting to the track in the next month will be rough, so new results probably will not be until early next year. 

Ideally, if Brad thinks we can turn her up a little bit more I am also game.  I want to hit the dyno again (it is much cooler now) and see if we can crack 400 AWHP on this revision. I want that 400 AWHP and sub 12.50 tune only.  After that, I will down the car for custom DP's, 3rd Cat delete, and if a certain intercooler becomes available.  I really want something like these DP's and I have a guy that can do it..so...wish me luck.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,9506.0.html

802SHO

Quote from: sm105k on November 20, 2018, 02:59:52 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on November 20, 2018, 01:04:01 PM

Quote from: TopherSho on November 20, 2018, 02:02:40 PM

It did remain safe.  I will go into detail on my findings along the way to finding the blown off line.  About two weeks ago I was driving to Cali (about a 360 mile drive for me).  Along the way I was notice my BOV's were acting off.  They were very active, and blowing off at very light throttle (first sign).  However, on the street I don't run the car over 90 mph (unless I am datalogging in Mexico) so I didn't have a reference in my perceived loss of the big end speed.   With my license plate, I inflict most heartbreak street light to street light.  I emailed Brad and he said send me the logs and check the oring's in the BOV's.

I dragged my feet on the logs and checking the BOV's. I have been stupid busy at work.  I went home and checked the BOV's and the orings were good.  I looked over the top end and somehow missed this line.  I am kinda embarrassed because I have owned many turbo cars and usually don't miss things like that.  I went to Mexico, got my data, and went home. I sat and reviewed the logs and did notice the difference between turbo and MAP boost pressures (second sign).  Hind sight rearing its head. I sent him the logs late Friday night.   

Went to the track early Saturday afternoon/evening.  I got 3 passes.  12.68, 12.61, 12.56 all with MPH under 109 (third sign). It went faster with less mph in my head because my sixty foot was getting better.  1.88, 1.81, 1.77 for the passes.  I replaced the brakes the weekend before and it now holds the line with more rpm and I am seeing boost before I launch now. However, the big end didn't feel right (another sign).   

On the way home Brad literally emailed me and told me not to drive the car hard. OOPS. He saw what I saw in the logs and instantly knew what was happening.  I fixed the issue, went back to Mexico, top end returned, and I have to email the new logs to Brad.  Getting to the track in the next month will be rough, so new results probably will not be until early next year. 

Ideally, if Brad thinks we can turn her up a little bit more I am also game.  I want to hit the dyno again (it is much cooler now) and see if we can crack 400 AWHP on this revision. I want that 400 AWHP and sub 12.50 tune only.  After that, I will down the car for custom DP's, 3rd Cat delete, and if a certain intercooler becomes available.  I really want something like these DP's and I have a guy that can do it..so...wish me luck.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,9506.0.html

At least nothing bad happened.  Its great that its an easy fix and doesn't cost anything.  Best case scenario for a problem to come up.  Odd that it came loose.  I check mine but not all the time.   

I look forward to seeing how much more improvement you can make and when you go DP and intercooler. 

This has got me itching for an e30 meth tune lol

MKS Tom

I am really looking forward to working with Brad on my MKS.
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

802SHO