• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 Flex EB P0327 & P0332

Started by Motohead, October 28, 2018, 10:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motohead

So i got a check engine light on my 2016 (stock) Flex this morning. Right as i was making a u-turn my passenger front tire dropped off the pavement onto the shoulder. The engine stumbled and the light came on (I was going very slow and the drop off was minimal) I pulled codes using my MyCalibrator from my 2012 (tuned) flex. I got 1 DTC of P0327 with 2 pending DTCs of P0327 and P0332  the truck has 41,202 miles on it so its outside the 36,000 mile warranty not sure if this would be covered under the engine & drivetrain anyone have a photo of where the knock sensors are?
2012 EB limited CAI,CATLESS DOWNPIPES,LMS 93++ tune
13.4 @101 150,000 miles and goin strong

2016 EB limited CAI,CATLESS DOWNPIPES,LMS 93++ tune
13s @85,000 miles and goin strong

ZSHO

Its located right on TOP of the thermostat housing IIRC!
I think you might want to install a wire loom in order to prevent the knock sensor wire from rubbing next to the block....
Inspect the wiring for any such chafing due to heat exposure.  Z
PDF Below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiTVFJcWZxODJrc2RhUWNUYnI1WWpVd05jSERr/view?usp=drivesdk

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Motohead

Looks like the upper intake has to come off is there a gasket or just RTV

SHOdded

To change the knock sensors or to tape up the wiring?  The knock sensors are seldom at fault.  The wiring does get chafed from time to time.  Are you sure it is not false knock or something similar induced by possibly some steering/suspension damage?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Here are a couple of Pics of the Knock Sensor wire with the loom around the wire! Follow SHOdded advice ^^^ and you should be Golden. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Motohead

i took a look i think these are the wires ? I did not  see any chaffing. Cleared the codes went for a drive so good so far

ZSHO

Quote from: Motohead on October 28, 2018, 07:41:51 PM
i took a look i think these are the wires ? I did not  see any chaffing. Cleared the codes went for a drive so good so far
Based on the Pic it looks like it.The thermostat housing is right below the connector! 
I would try removing the ground (negative) terminal from battery for @ least an hour.  Z

ZSHO

The other Knock sensor is located right under the manifold,next to the HPFP (line).  Z

Motohead

Well I checked the wires from what I could see without removing anything I couldn't find any chaffing. I cleared the codes and they stayed off for several months. They just came back again today. Would these codes be covered under the powertrain warranty?

SHOdded

I would think so as it has a major impact on engine performance.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!