• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Is oil in the induction system a sign of leaking turbo seals???

Started by 6500rpm, October 20, 2018, 04:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6500rpm

I pulled the map sensors out of my 60,000 mi, 13 SHO to clean them just as a maintenance thing and was surprised to see they weren't bad. Out of curiosity I pulled the induction tube off the throttle body and not a drop of oil-even took a paper towel and wiped around the inside of the throttle body and nada!
The reason I ask is that I've seen many posts about oil pooling in the CAC and in the induction tubes and I've always been at odds on how it got there. The only thing that comes to mind would be oil getting pulled past the turbo seals. The reason for an oil separator should be to deal with blow by/valve coking and that's headed straight inside the intake manifold and shouldn't have anything to do with anything in front of the throttle plates. Am I missing something? Seems odd to me that so many would be concerned with a quantity of oil in the CAC and not be worried about the turbos.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

ZSHO

Its a combination mixture of oil,gas and h2o that builds up inside the CAC (intercooler) and sometimes smells like gas AFAIK!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|