• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO back in the shop...

Started by r1crusher, October 16, 2018, 12:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r1crusher

Wife took my car to Nashville about 3 weeks ago since one of her employees had her company car and of course mine comes back dirty AND with a problem. LOL!

Okay...she didn't cause the problem but it had one nonetheless.  Made an appointment to have several items looked at since it should all be covered under my ESP.

Drop it off this morning and got the update call from the adviser in the afternoon.  Just as I had suspected another wheel bearing was bad.  Throw in a heat core leak that had made itself known several weeks ago also by the smell of antifreeze inside the car.  And last but not least, my damn center stack control to turn on/off the climate control is finally going to be replaced once the back order for it is filled.  I had the car in at a different dealership about the climate power button not working and they said there was nothing wrong that they could find.  Yeah, right.  When I picked the car up then it wasn't working just like when I dropped it off.  Guess where my car ISN'T this time.

So I'm in a rental truck for the next week min. but at least the ol' girl will be getting some needed attention.

Oh yeah...and they're going to fix a small body panel on the passenger side in between the rear door and wheel.  Apparently there's a couple pieces of double sided tape that help hold it on.  My didn't hold so much anymore and was popped out slightly.

Now the waiting game...

'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

SHOdded

Having ESP coverage was the best part about this post I think, LOL.  Heater core is rare to go, not sure I have heard of any other SHOs with that particular issue yet.  Hope they put the dash back together right.  If they replace it along with the evaporator (sold only as a unit at retail), then that will help the A/C last longer too.  BONUS!

Which wheel bearing failed this time?  Right front?  I would have them check the tie rod ends & sway bar links while they have it in the shop.

What truck did you get for rental?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

r1crusher

I knew going in with this car ESP was probably going to be a need instead of want.  All the electronics scared the crap out of me over the long term.

A for the heater core, when I talked to the adviser he said that it failed the leak down test and the issue was in the heater core.  Said it'll be late this week maybe but likely next week before it's fixed because of the time it takes to pull the entire dash out basically.

I've already had the front right wheel bearing replaced while I was on vacation in SC years ago.  I also had a strut and sway bar end link replaced as well on one side.  I believe this one was in the rear this time. 

My rental is an F150 XLT 2WD from Florida...meh.  LOL!
'17 XSport

ZSHO

I'm hoping the new updated metal thrust Washers provide a more viable permanent fix! Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

r1crusher

Well...just a couple days away from being 2 weeks in the shop.  The service adviser at this dealership has been quite good and called me several times with updates on my car.  He said last week that they were shooting for finishing it this past Friday but also said that he felt it would be this coming week more likely.

So...maybe I'll get the call this week to finally go get it.

The wait continues....LOL!
'17 XSport

SHOdded

Probably parts availability issue, but who knows these days?  Hope you do get it back this week tho!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

r1crusher

Picked up the car yesterday...yippie!  :D  Replaced BOTH left side wheel bearings, center stack control panel (my climate control power button works again!), fixed the small body panel and replaced the heater core.  Car smells badly of antifreeze currently so I hope the smell will go away quickly.  The leak was inside the heater/AC box and actually exiting through the AC drain hole so nothing inside thankfully.  They didn't exactly leave dash clean though, but I suppose I can give it good wipe down.  Consequently, my steering wheel seems to be off...i.e. crooked like a bad alignment where they didn't have the wheel straight when doing the work.  I'll just run it up to the tire shop tomorrow since thet're good about squeezing me in for stuff and get that straightened out.

Glad to have it back...now to put my tune back in because the lazy shifting is driving me nuts!!!
'17 XSport

SHOdded

:D :D :D  Hopefully the EPAS is ok.  Wonder if they removed the steering wheel to do the HVAC work, LOL.

r1crusher

LOL...I suppose anything is possible SHOdded but at least they found and corrected the issues unlike the last dealership which consequently is OWNED by the same auto group!  Go figure. 
'17 XSport

SHOdded

I actually meant that in all seriousness coz getting to the heater core/evaporator requires steering wheel removal.