• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Welcome to the 11 Second Club!

Started by SHOdded, October 15, 2018, 06:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Let's see what y'alls gots!  Post your timeslips, your setups, and any info you believe relevant to helping achieve your record(s)!
Tunes, engine mods, transmission mods, weight mods, tires/tire pressures, fresh fluids, whatever "tricks" you have up your sleeve that you are willing to reveal to the starving public :D  Along with location and DA if available.

Starting it off with bpd's 2010 SHO smashing through the barriers on street tires no less:
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5516.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

My day yesterday was awesome.  I believe air density was 100.2% something like -95 feet DA.  Awesome weather.  Actually had to wait 3 hours for track to open at noon due to issues yesterday.  Car was nice and cold.

Rear seat delete.
30 miles to empty.
Day before transmission drain and fill, oil and filter change.
30 psi all the way around.
Topped off meth tank.
93 octane.

My 12.0 run should have been an 11.  Forced into left lane by lane guy, must have been tons of loose rubber.  I actually felt my car go sideways on take off.  Other than that super consistent runs.  I decided to do rear seat delete.  Same setup in a 94 cobra I used to own, figured why not. 

EDIT by Admin:  Here is video of the barrier-shattering runs!
https://youtu.be/0kB4yOJvezg
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

Awesome Awesome!  Too bad about the 12.0 tho, but stuff happens, glad it did not end up being serious.  Did you use DD tires or a different setup?  Again, congrats!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Quote from: SHOdded on October 15, 2018, 07:41:02 AM
Awesome Awesome!  Too bad about the 12.0 tho, but stuff happens, glad it did not end up being serious.  Did you use DD tires or a different setup?  Again, congrats!!!

My DD tires but all set to 30psi
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

ZSHO

I was hoping to make a post in this awesome thread started by SHOdded but unfortunately it wasn't meant to happen today @ CCD due to bad weather and the elements... 
Positive note is was a pleasure meeting up with enthusiasts like Manu and the lovely Mrs once again!  :)
I also met another SHO owner Scott (MyBigSho) which was very cool. 
@- Scott no worries we will get you registered Pronto!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on October 20, 2018, 06:41:20 PM
I was hoping to make a post in this awesome thread started by SHOdded but unfortunately it wasn't meant to happen today @ CCD due to bad weather and the elements... 
Positive note is was a pleasure meeting up with enthusiasts like Manu and the lovely Mrs once again!  :)
@- Scott no worries we will get you registered Pronto!  Z

How close were you?

802SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on October 20, 2018, 08:27:39 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on October 20, 2018, 07:52:09 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on October 20, 2018, 06:41:20 PM
@- Scott no worries we will get you registered Pronto!  Z. 

How close were you?
Zero runs.  Z   :(

Gotcha!  Man that stinks

Jordan

11.98 @ 113 w/ 4300 DA -> no backseat, trunk stuff or front passenger seat also open downpipes. E30

11.91 @ 116  w/ 3200 DA -> Same as above except on C20 105 octane. Track prep lacking.

So as far as the trick to getting a nice low time is a conglomeration of a lot of little things to make sure you are at the peak efficiency. I'll start with a little list and go into a further detailed explanation of things because I love data and the things you can do to squeeze out just a hair more.

Optimized Tune
Weight Reduction
Intake temps
Traction

You want to make sure you are making the absolute more power throughout the powerband to make sure you have smooth acceleration and optimization throughout the power band. Weight reduction not only helps your car by easing the mass you are trying to accelerate it also takes a lot of strain off the drivetrain allowing you to launch harder. Intake temperatures are huge because not only is density altitude a killer but so is hot intake temps. The lower the intake temps the better as long as you have the fueling to compensate for the extra air going into the car. As always traction is needed to get that sixty foot down.

Now on to the nitty gritty type stuff. When I was preparing to go to the track I did a few key things that I believe attributed to getting a decent time. I cleaned out my car internally and externally. Taking weight out of the inside and cleaning the outside to make sure the car could "cut" through the air. I read a story a while back of how some world war fighter jets would wax their planes and it would allow them to gain a higher top speed from the less amount of drag on their plane. Kind of crazy to think that would help, but like I said a lot of little things. When I was heading to the track (2 hours away) I tried to optimize the amount of fuel I would end up their on. I always tried to aim for about a quarter tank. I say a quarter tank and not less because I have heard of vehicles on hard acceleration you can lose fuel pressure from the tank slosh and the fuel pump not picking up the fuel, but not sure how that would effect these cars. On the way to the track don't run your AC for the last 30 minutes of the way there to adequately cool the ac condensor radiator which in turn keeps slight heat soak from the intercooler.  As I would get to the track I would pop my hood and drive to the pits with it popped to get a rush of air to try and clear out some of that hot air and immediately pop it once prepping to go down the line. Remove all my extra junk left in the car for the ride (spare tire, canopy, and chairs) usually try to get teched as fast as possible and on the quarter mile as quick as I can so that the car doesn't have an opportunity to heat soak. Heck I even would wait to fully shut my hood until I was a couple cars from going. Would just run out real quick and shut the hood. Anyways I am rambling here... After the runs pop your hood as you are driving back to the pits and pop the hood once you are there. The 2 times I have been out with the car it's been ridiculously hot with a decent DA and intake temps always like 135+ even after sitting for an extended period of time. Best to park in the shade if you can with the wind hitting the front of the car. Grab some ice water from your cooler and spray the intercooler (through the ac condenser radiator) as much as you can to get that sucker cold as you can.

Really in the end a lot of little things add up and if you think it's a waste of your time because it might only slightly slightly improve your time. Rethink that... and find a few more of those slight slight improvements and do them all and you have a for sure improvement. I could get more into this, but I feel like this is the jist of it! To anybody out there trying to get a better time it really comes down to how much preparation time you want to put forth to get there.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SHOdded

An excellent read, Jordan, thank you for taking the time :thumb:

802SHO

I realigned my SHO a few days prior as well.  It had been a couple years since aligning it, I did have a very slight pull to the right.  I believe correcting the alignment was helpful as well as beneficial in general for obvious reasons. 

Messing with my tire pressure was advised by two ppl and I'm not sure how much it helped but I would have to conclude it couldnt hurt.  Usually my psi is at 40 all the way around.  I dropped 10psi in each to help with traction.

Also my car was very cold for my first run.  Which was forced due to the track opening late.  3 hours waiting to open, then about another 45 min to start test and tune.  I never would have waited that long otherwise.

Weight reduction is no joke.  I took my back seats out.....im curious what removing the passenger seat and perhaps purchasing a lightweight battery would do.  I believe those batteries are less than 15 pounds. 

Jordan is right, a combination of minor changes adds up.  And its reasonable to assume it won't...while you're making the changes.

I took the backseat cushion out...it feels like 10 pounds maybe.  The upper seats feel like maybeeeeee 60 pounds.  My friend who came with me felt them and didnt think it would do anything.  So I took on jokes the rest of the way...hey man take your gum wrappers out of your door that will slow you down.  I knew that wouldn't do anything but just to play along..gum wrappers came out too! 

The reults speak for themselves.  I did the fluid changes just for peace of mind and bc it never ever hurts to replace them. 

I would also have to say tuning is very critical.  AJP has tuned my SHO to be lethal when hit the gas and purr like a kitten when I don't.  Nothing has been left to chance tuning wise.  We weren't one and done.  We did 9 revisions.  I've been to the track 4 seperate times and datalogging my runs for review.  Revision 8 and 9 were created off that data.  You can't hope to be fast you have to continuously test and make adjustments.  Look at my mods I'm not doing anything crazy and I'm on 93 pump gas. 

ZSHO

I did have the option to purchase my SHO without a sunroof! I could of saved on some weight reduction plus the extra $$$! I prefer the back seat on which is mandatory for some playtime fun..Lol.  :D  Awesome thread! Keep it coming! Thanks. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Jordan

It's funny you mention sunroof... Because when I was looking to buy a SHO I went out of my way to purchase one with no sunroof because I thought it was just unnecessary weight! LOL... And @802SHO I didn't mention tire pressure but for sure drop what you need for tire pressure, but only what you need to hook properly. On my 11.91 I went to like 23 psi because I could not hook worth a crap, but on my 11.98 where the track was prepped decently I didn't even adjust because I was at 35 psi and launching at 2200 while still having great traction. Crazy what a little track prep can do.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

802SHO

Quote from: Jordan on October 21, 2018, 12:01:47 PM
It's funny you mention sunroof... Because when I was looking to buy a SHO I went out of my way to purchase one with no sunroof because I thought it was just unnecessary weight! LOL... And @802SHO I didn't mention tire pressure but for sure drop what you need for tire pressure, but only what you need to hook properly. On my 11.91 I went to like 23 psi because I could not hook worth a crap, but on my 11.98 where the track was prepped decently I didn't even adjust because I was at 35 psi and launching at 2200 while still having great traction. Crazy what a little track prep can do.

Good advise on tire pressure.  If you didn't mention that I would have just changed it once and thats it.  Makes sense to keep adjusting depending on 60 ft. 

I didn't know a sunroof was optional, I figured it was standard on the SHO model.

ZSHO

Here are @ least a couple of pics from CCD! I'm hoping mother nature will comply next time around! Fingers crossed! My apologies and Didnt mean to Hi-Jack this thread.  Z

802SHO

Quote from: ZSHO on October 21, 2018, 09:48:13 PM
Here are @ least a couple of pics from CCD! I'm hoping mother nature will comply next time around! Fingers crossed! My apologies and Didnt mean to Hi-Jack this thread.  Z

Lookn Good!  😎