• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Boost leak

Started by arrivalblue, October 12, 2018, 11:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Motorcraft SynBlend or Full Synthetic?  SynBlend can be as low as 5% actual synthetic base stock, so for just a little more, going full synthetic is well worth it.  And there are MANY quality choices of affordable full synthetics available either in store or online.  Pennzoil, Mobil, even Valvoline have rebates going on some of the time so be sure to check for them too!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

arrivalblue

I'll have to just switch to Mobil 1 full synthetic. I use the motorcraft blend they recommend. At 84k miles is it gonna mess anything up? Gonna do some logs tonight I'll post them up see if maybe you guys can see something I can't? Idk how to read them that well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SM105K

Quote from: arrivalblue on October 16, 2018, 04:34:27 PM
I'll have to just switch to Mobil 1 full synthetic. I use the motorcraft blend they recommend. At 84k miles is it gonna mess anything up? Gonna do some logs tonight I'll post them up see if maybe you guys can see something I can't? Idk how to read them that well

You will be fine.  I get 6 quarts of Mobil 1 Full Syn and either a Motorcraft or Mobil 1 filter for literally 36 bucks.  I change my oil and oil filter every 3 thousand miles because it is so cheap.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

arrivalblue

Yea the cost isn't the concern lol. Like I said I use it in other cars I own just saw big name tuners even recommending motorcraft for these cars so just stuck with it. I'd rather be on Mobil 1. My Cobalt SS/SC has lasted 265k miles mobil 1 I give credit to. Car always sees full boost lol

ZSHO

I would also check the PCV -Oil Sep!  Any Signs of smoke through the tailpipe!  Need to stay on Top of your maintenance aspect especially when tuned or prior too.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

arrivalblue

Nope only when cold! That's what's driving me nuts. It's nothing obvious lol

arrivalblue

Few Logs If you guys are interested and see anything I cant?

arrivalblue

Seeing 0 for wastegate percentage in my logs. So that's showing solenoid isn't even trying to make boost? Maybe it's sticking?

SHOdded

Very well could be stuck.  Just strange both are in bad shape and still no codes, underboost or overboost ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

arrivalblue

I was thinking maybe it's just the single boost solenoid. We will see later today lol. For the cost I'll just change it

SHOdded

ZSHO

I think you can try to blow on the solenoid to see if its restricted!
Need to verify it's getting the proper voltage and inspect for any loose or corroded connector coming from the solenoid......

I was able to access and paste one of the PDF! I hope this helps any.  Z
PDF Below for reference....

Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

Description
This DTC sets when the TCBP PID does not correlate with the BARO or the MAP PID.

Possible Causes
Damaged turbocharger boost pressure (TCBP)/charge air cooler temperature (CACT) sensor Contaminated or blocked TCBP/CACT sensor Slow responding TCBP/CACT sensor

Diagnostic Aids
Check the intake air system for leaks and restrictions.
The TCBP/CACT sensor is a dual function pressure and temperature sensor located on the intake air tube between the charge air cooler (CAC) and the throttle body.
Action

GO to Pinpoint Test EA

This pinpoint test is intended to diagnose the following: intake air temperature (IAT) sensor (12A697) turbocharger boost pressure ( TCBP )/charge air cooler temperature ( CACT) sensor (9F479) manifold absolute pressure ( MAP )/intake air temperature 2 ( IAT2) sensor (9F479) powertrain control module (PCM) (12A650).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdidFg4ZmN6SzF3cVVueGo2TFNSNUtfamJPcllN/view?usp=drivesdk

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

arrivalblue

Did another pull on lunch today the wastegate percentage was 79-80 instead of 0 like pulls yesterday. Strange.... makes me think everything is good until warms up then either maybe a wastegate or the solenoid starts to stick a little. Off to see if can find one! And thanks! I'll try to inspect and clean them all!

SHOdded

maybe just pull the solenoid, check for contamination of the connectors as well.  Anything but vacuum in vacuum lines is never good :)

arrivalblue

Yea that's the plan here in about 20 minutes plus remove and spray all the sensors with cleaner. Dealership said they would flash it with tune may sort out issues..... lol I'll wait to fix them first. Attached is a log with car wanting to build boost from today.... frustrating lol