• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS TouchScreen MyCalibrator PIDS List as 10/20/2018 *UPDATED

Started by StealBlueSho, October 12, 2018, 09:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Here is the full list of PIDS available via the LMS TouchScreen MyCalibrator. These I am sure will be updated as the product matures. Some of these pids show up as Not Supported when trying to use them. I had to pull these off the touchscreen device by hand as the software doesn't list them on the computer.

Note: There are NO units associated with any of these PIDS.
NOTE: ANY HELP DECODING THESE WOULD BE APPRECIATED! I WILL UPDATE THEM AS I FIGURE THEM ALL OUT

Airflow
   -MAF
   -MAF_Khz
   -MAF_Vlt
   -BP- Barometric Pressure - inHG
   -MAP - Manifold Absolute Pressure - ADC (Analog to DC counts at 10 bit conversation)
   -BP - Baro Pressure - inHG
   -Wastegate_DC - Percentage

Fuel
   -Rear_02_Corr_B1
   -Rear_02_Corr_B2
   -Rear_02_Err_B1
   -Rear_02_Err_B2
   -AFR_Matured
   -Clsd_Loop_Fuel
   -DSD_Lamba - Desired Lambda
   -FRP 1 - FRP Desired in PSI
   -FRP 2
   -Injection_Timing
   -Act_Lambda_B1 - Actual Lambda Bank 1
   -Act_Lambda_B2 - Actual Lambda Bank 2
   -Lambda_B1 - Not Supported
   -Lambda_B2 - Not Supported
   -LTFT_B1 - Long Term Fuel Trim bank 1 in decimal format.
   -LTFT_B2 - Long Term Fuel Trim bank 2 in decimal format
   -Pulsewidth
   -STFT_B1 - Short Term Fuel Trim bank 1 in decimal format
   -STFT_B2 - Short Term Fuel Trim bank 2 in decimal format
   -Open_Loop_Fuel
   -FRP_Absolute - Actual FRP in PSI
   -FRP_G
   -Fuel_Level - Fuel level in percentage
   -PM

Misc
   -Engine_Torque
   -Torque_Source
   -MIL_Light_Is_On
   -LOAD - Load in WHOLE numbers.. 0, 1, 2 etc..
   -Run_Time - How long the calibrator has been on

RPM/SPEED
   -DSD_RPM - Disired RPM
   -Output_Shaft_Spd - OSS Speed
   -RPM - Do I really need to tell you this one?

Spark
   -KnkSen1_Cnts - Raw noise data from Knock sensor bank 1
   -KnkSen2_Cnts - Raw noise data from knock sensor bank 2
   -Lrnd_knk_Mod - Not sure?
   -KnKAdder - Timing corrections based on knock sensor feedbacks
   -Oct_Adjust - Reads 0 all the time?
   -Spark 1
   -Spark 2
   -Spark 3
   -Spark 4

Temp
   -Cat_Temp_B1
   -Cat_Temp_B2   
        -ACT
   -ACT2 - Temps from Manifold in F
   -CHT_Temp
   -ECT 1
   -ECT 2
   -ACT2

ETC
   -Act_Thrt_Ang
   -Dsrd_Thrt_Ang
   -Pedal_Pos
   -Rel_ Pedal_Pos
   -TPS

Trans
   -Lockup_Status
   -Output_Shaft_Spd
   -Prk-Neu_Sense
   -Spd-Ratio
   -Turbine_Spd
        -New-Dr_Status
   -Conv_DC
   -Slip_Across_Conv
   -Conv_Current
   -Ovrshoot_RPM
   -Shift_Flare_RPM
        -Shift_Lag_Time
   -Shift_Slip_Time
   -Shift_Sol_A_DC
   -Shift_Sol_B_DC
   -Shift_Sol_C_DC
   -Shift_Sol_D_DC
   -Shift_Sol_E_DC
   -Solenoid_E_DC
   -Cur_Trans_Ratio
   -Gear_Commanded
   -Shift_ID
   -Shift_Type
   -Tap_Down
   -Tap_Up

VCT
   -Ds_ExhCam_Pos
   -Ds-ExhCam_B1
   -Ds_IntCam_B1
   -Ds_IntCam_Pos
   -ExCam_Pos_B1
   -Exhcam_Ang_B2
   -ExhCam_Err_B1
   -ExhCam_Err_B2
   -IntCam_Ang_B2
   -IntCam_DC_B1
   -IntCam_DC_B2
   -IntCam_Err_B1
   -IntCam_Err_B2
   -IntCam_Pos_B1

SHOdded

Wonder if PIDs are specific to the vehicle or for multiple models.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on October 12, 2018, 09:41:18 AM
Wonder if PIDs are specific to the vehicle or for multiple models.

Based on the amount of PIDS are comeback as unsupported I would say Multiple Models.

lamrith

I just cannot get this out of my head this morning.

Sorry, could not resist.  Awesome work SBS, you are all over it!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

StealBlueSho

Just got off the phone with LMS, they are looking into a few things I mentioned not making sense. Will update...

1: The MAP PID doesn't appear to be displaying boost correctly.

2: No way to monitor ignition correction via the knock sensors.

There are others but baby steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Livernois Motorsports

Just to update everyone we are still developing new things for this tuner with the features and the datalogging aspect was meant to be a future thing and not perfect yet as we are still releasing and adjusting things to this, with every version update on the tuners we are slowly adding things but they do take time and we will be adding these as soon as we can as an update for you all!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on October 12, 2018, 03:13:18 PM
Just to update everyone we are still developing new things for this tuner with the features and the datalogging aspect was meant to be a future thing and not perfect yet as we are still releasing and adjusting things to this, with every version update on the tuners we are slowly adding things but they do take time and we will be adding these as soon as we can as an update for you all!

Awesome! Just trying to make heads and tails of the new tech. Thank you for the support. I was hoping to consolidate down my devices into this one device.

I think the datalogging is more secondary to having accurate and readable gauges.

StealBlueSho

Updates some more information on the PIDs.. particularly LOAD which is in whole numbers.. needs to be in hundredths to make sense...

I am hoping LMS comes out with an update for this soon............

StealBlueSho

LMS did a major update to the PIDS... removed A TON of PIDS that did were not supported and added some important ones..

We can now monitor Short and Long term fuel trims and timing corrections based on knock feed back.. (Knock in SCT land)..

So the vitals are JUST about there... STFT, LTFT, Knock Corrections, Temps, etc... I did notice they removed the boost desired which sucks.. or they moved it.. still playing around...

I still have not deciphered MAP... maybe LIVERNOIS can help with that one...

Happy to see improvements..

StealBlueSho

Updated new available PID list as of 10/20/2018 - I would say this is a major revamp.

StealBlueSho

Sooo with a tip off from Matt Robinson at Gearhead I finally was able to figure out the MAP PID to calculate boost...

The data being seen IS the analog to digital counts based on the 10 bits equation...essentially...

You use a 10bit ADC to voltage calculator (knowing that a 3bar goes up to approx 4.999v at peak) to calculate a 10bit ADC number to volts..

Then you take the volts output and calculate that to PSI based on the following formula I dug up from an old GM website..

(V*8.94)-14.7.. that gives you psig number... Which then tells you how much boost you are running.... easy to do on the fly while driving right?!

Example:

Say your MAP sensor is reading 660 on the LMS device... you take that number and plug it into the following calculator..

http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/Analog-to-digital-conversion-ADC-calculator.php

Make sure to use 10bits as the reference range, and 4.999 for the total voltage supplied...

The calc spits out 3.225..

Then you use the GM formula to get the PSIG... so (3.225*8.94)-14.7 = 14.1psi

Of course this is a rough number given you are subtracting theoretical sea level of 14.7psi in air... it does not take into account the barometer so its not accurate.

OOOOORRRRRRR Livernois could be super nice and provide us a Boost in PSI PID so we don't need to do rough calculations in our heads while driving lol.

bpd1151

Poking a lil fun here.......

After reading over your lengthy dissertation and all those back n forth criss crossing numbers, factors, equations, and blah blah blah, oh my goodness it's quite obvious for everyone to see BJ, that you LLLOOVVVVEEEEEEE playing with numbers.

That said, why in the hell would LMS want to take all that fun away from you, by making it easy for 'ya????

Whether stationary, or on the fly?????

Bwahahahahahaha :poke:

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 21, 2018, 10:45:02 AM
Poking a lil fun here.......

After reading over your lengthy dissertation and all those back n forth criss crossing numbers, factors, equations, and blah blah blah, oh my goodness it's quite obvious for everyone to see BJ, that you LLLOOVVVVEEEEEEE playing with numbers.

That said, why in the hell would LMS want to take all that fun away from you, by making it easy for 'ya????

Whether stationary, or on the fly?????

Bwahahahahahaha :poke:

You are 100% correct in that I genuinely enjoy working with numbers, always have! Instead of paying for adult magazine subscriptions I pay subscriptions for science journals....

Right now I am currently working on machine learning and deep learning algorithms (linear algebra, calculus, and probability matrices, etc etc) so I can better support my customer base who have a need to utilize machine learning etc etc...

I digress... the intent behind all of this is multi pointed...

1: LMS no longer sells the old MyCalibrator (but still very much supported) so the forum is going to start at some point getting pinged for information. Look at all the questions surrounding SCT stuff and it's pretty straight forward... so this will be a good starting point for customers of LMS who purchased this tuner.

2: I know LMS monitors this post, and instead of emailing them constantly, they can get an idea of what people are going to be looking for in their device. If they are going to compete, they are going to need real world data on what people want. This will help with that. It's quite clear they are developing this in house, and it's going to take time to refine it...

If LMS doesn't want me to post this information I'm sure they would have called me by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpd1151

BJ, you do realize I prefaced my post with "poking a little fun here" right?

If I didn't like you, I wouldn't bust your balls.

Yes you've been overly technical and helpful. I'm poking fun so you don't blow a personal gasket.

Love you buddy. Breathe. Relax. Happy (belated) sweetest day there schnookums.

ZSHO

I think LMS should utilize SBS Resources and Fount of knowledge with there newly released MY Cal.  Z   :) 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|