• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS Touchscreen MyCalibrator

Started by StealBlueSho, October 11, 2018, 01:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on October 12, 2018, 07:09:47 AM
Stellar SBS! Now Just getting accustomed to the new hardware ! Z

Yea. I am going to sit down and write out all the current PIDs that are available on this device. So far it appears that all the data is streamed RAW from the sensors.. LMS will need to fix that if they want to advertise gauges. Without being able to monitor the basics such as knock, boost, fuel trims, etc its almost useless for a gauge.

I have an email into Anthony.

StealBlueSho

This is just an example of a datalog modified to import into live link which provides better detail than native excel graphs... the LMS TouchScreen datalogs in tenths of a second. So my earlier suggestion of copying the time column from an SCT log is not advisable.. it skews the graphs. Best to just change the format of the column to "general" and autofill in increments of .1

Yellow = Knksen1_Cnts
Blue = Spark 3
Orange = FRP 1 (fuel pressure desired I suspect as the line is too constant)
Green = Trans_Oil_Temp
Dark Blue = Spark 2

Look at the knock sensor reading.. I believe that is the raw data in Hz..

StealBlueSho

So found out by accident that my current window mount is a universal square connector. Which just happens to be the same one that LMS uses...

You can save a couple bucks if your window mount already has this coupler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Isn't THAT a welcome coinkydink!  Sweet!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

:bigthanx: Big Thanks to SBS for taking his time and resources in order to give us a first hand look on exactly what new features the new LMS Calibrator has to offer,especially his fair and unbiased review in respect to each and every tuner on board. :thumb: That's Pure commitment on his part. Z

:thankyou:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on October 13, 2018, 02:28:27 PM
:bigthanx:  Big Thanks to SBS for taking his time and resources in order to give us a first hand look on exactly what new features the new LMS Calibrator has to offer,especially his fair and unbiased review in respect to each and every tuner on board.  :thumb: :thumb:
Thats Pure commitment on his part. Z
             :thankyou:

No worries, I enjoy this kinda stuff and the more information the ecoboost community has, the more informed decisions they can make. Although I will say unless something radically changes I am pretty much done for the foreseeable future trying different tuners. But THAT is a discussion for a different time.

I really want this Touchscreen Mycalibrator to be a home run for LME. I think the potential is there for this to be a stellar product that really does put an end to this "LMS doesn't datalog or offer a device that allows you too so its just a canned tune" argument to bed.

SHOdded

The caveat being since a lot of the parameters they look at when tuning being "proprietary", expect to see only the "usual" PIDs on the new device.  No biggie, and this device will surely be a big hit :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on October 13, 2018, 03:25:06 PM
The caveat being since a lot of the parameters they look at when tuning being "proprietary", expect to see only the "usual" PIDs on the new device.  No biggie, and this device will surely be a big hit :thumb:

Oh no doubt they are not giving away anything that would be considered or related to their secret sauce.

But they do need to update it to allow for basic monitoring of fuel trims, boost, knock at a minimum.

Only thing from a user standpoint I would recommend is making the PID selection more touchscreen friendly. As of right now the only way to really use it is with a stylist as far as setting up the gauges.

I really do like the ability to store up to 4 datalogs at once...

The screen itself it really nice too, LMS has clearly setup the colors to promote their brand (blue and white) but the screen is capable of the full color spectrum.

Additionally it also APPEARS the software on the tuner itself was developed by or for LMS... sniffing the USB data only provides LMS branded info.

StealBlueSho

As an example, the standard MyCalibrator has hypertech branded in the usb packets sent.

SHOdded

Really?  I guess they had to start SOMEwhere!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on October 13, 2018, 05:04:51 PM
Really?  I guess they had to start SOMEwhere!

Oh I'm not criticizing... they moved off SCT to something that they could use for the proprietary software.. hypertech is so generic you can put almost anything on it...

It's just a piece of hardware to push a tune...

And the new tune files all say converted at the end. So they have made changes to the tuning software too...

All new and exciting things!

IMHO organically developed stuff from major vendors are generally much better than resold gear.