• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AA5Z-9F479-D MAP Sensor doubled in price!

Started by FiveLeeter918, October 10, 2018, 11:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveLeeter918

Just an FYI to everyone, I went to order my new stock of 3 Bar MAP Sensors today and noticed that they have tripled in price. What was once $59.99 is now $129.99 and higher in some places.

If you find someone still selling them for the $59.99 range, you may want to stock up.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

SHOdded

yeah ford is really revising parts pricing upwards :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FiveLeeter918

yep, kinda sucks because last month we received the new Chinese batch and had to send half of them back because the car wouldn't even idle with them. Now we went to order more to find they've more than doubled :-/

Bring back the cheap German stuff (never thought I'd say that)...
- Lee

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on October 10, 2018, 01:15:19 PM
yep, kinda sucks because last month we received the new Chinese batch and had to send half of them back because the car wouldn't even idle with them. Now we went to order more to find they've more than doubled :-/

Bring back the cheap German stuff (never thought I'd say that)...

Curious, the gasket on the German ones are orangeish and the one Chinese knockoff I have seen was a blueish color. Was the case with your order as well?

ZSHO

The very reason I purchased seven of them! Z   :P

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on October 10, 2018, 02:04:53 PM
The very reason I purchased seven of them! Z   :P
One for every plug change?

lamrith

Did I miss something, Are these prone to failure, just wondering why people are buying a bunch of them..?

I do not recall seeing and threads with people talking about failures of the MAP sensor.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

SHOdded

Failures happen, not rare but not common.  But need it to get the everpopular 3bar tune :D

ZSHO

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS AS410-  AA5Z9F479B are a great alternative which meet or exceed Oem Specs! I would give them a shot IMHO. Z

$52.79

Promo-code below.

This 5% discount code expires on December 9, 2018

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3786843&cc=1503823&jsn=10509

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,fuel+&+air,manifold+pressure+(map)+sensor,11207

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FiveLeeter918

Only 1 remaining though, then I bet their price goes up too :-/
- Lee

SHOdded

You would be correct.  Already selling on eBay for $100 or so shipped.

shoNoff

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on October 10, 2018, 06:46:53 PM
Only 1 remaining though, then I bet their price goes up too :-/

When I posted it there was 8 available. Lol
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SHOdded