• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Tuning Device from LME?

Started by StealBlueSho, October 08, 2018, 02:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I would speak with Anthony over @ LMS ! He is a good guy and always has done the right thing. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on October 12, 2018, 12:10:54 PM
I would speak with Anthony over @ LMS ! He is a good guy and always has done the right thing.  Z

I am working with him, and I agree he is really good.

Brucelinc

Old thread but maybe someone who has used the new tuner can answer a couple of questions.    I have one for my Mustang but haven't used it yet due to non-stop snow and the car being in hibernation.    Flashing the tune will be simple enough but has anyone done any datalogging with the new device?   I am familiar with SCT and Livelink but I am not sure about how to use the Livernois tuner for that.

Also, I realize to flash the tune, the car ignition is on but not running.   To display the gauges, however, do I start the car and then touch "diagnostics and tools?"   I am sure that when I actually use this device, it will be obvious but since there is no user manual that I know of, I thought maybe someone could share their experience with the new tuner.   

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Brucelinc on March 11, 2019, 09:40:59 AM
Old thread but maybe someone who has used the new tuner can answer a couple of questions.    I have one for my Mustang but haven't used it yet due to non-stop snow and the car being in hibernation.    Flashing the tune will be simple enough but has anyone done any datalogging with the new device?   I am familiar with SCT and Livelink but I am not sure about how to use the Livernois tuner for that.

Also, I realize to flash the tune, the car ignition is on but not running.   To display the gauges, however, do I start the car and then touch "diagnostics and tools?"   I am sure that when I actually use this device, it will be obvious but since there is no user manual that I know of, I thought maybe someone could share their experience with the new tuner.

I have a write up somewhere... but to answer your questions...

1: Yes, I have done data logging with the LMS device. Being as it's still in BETA it's rather painful and not informative at this point. The resolution is in the tenths of a second which is too slow, and you can only data log 6 pids at a time. The resulting information is dumped into a CSV file that you need to use excel to build the graphs. Not hard, but not as easy as SCT makes it.

2: Start the car, go into diag and tools, and then select data logging. You will see 6 spots on the screen the to load pids into. Select the spot, navigate through the available pids, and select which one you want to monitor. Be warned that a lot of the pids will come back unsupported. You will want a stylus for this as the print is very small and using your fingers to select is difficult.

3: Until this feature is polished and finished I would use your SCT device to monitor. As well as log for that matter.

I talked to Andy one of their tuners about it. They are working on building the PID list as they are customizing the PIDs and manually building them. It will take time for that... if you have questions please feel free to PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brucelinc

Thanks for ypu help.  I probably will not datalog the Mustang, anyway....at least not on public roads.  I am getting a flex fuel tune and in a video, Dan showed the gauges and it displayed the percentage of ethanol in the fuel.   That is mostly what I am interested in.   I would also like to see the amount of spark advance so hopefully it will show that.   The Mustang already has an A/F gauge.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Brucelinc on March 11, 2019, 01:14:51 PM
Thanks for ypu help.  I probably will not datalog the Mustang, anyway....at least not on public roads.  I am getting a flex fuel tune and in a video, Dan showed the gauges and it displayed the percentage of ethanol in the fuel.   That is mostly what I am interested in.   I would also like to see the amount of spark advance so hopefully it will show that.   The Mustang already has an A/F gauge.

Does the Mustang already have a ethanol analyzer in it? Would be cool if it does!

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 11, 2019, 01:16:41 PM

Does the Mustang already have a ethanol analyzer in it? Would be cool if it does!

On the Mustang 5.0L we have enabled the flex fuel logic that allows the vehicle to adjust on the fly for changes in ethanol content.  So on Bruce's Mustang he can go into the Fuel category and scroll down to PM which displays the ethanol percentage it's seeing at that time.  This logic has not been enabled on the EcoBoost vehicles so that feature is not currently available on the EB. 

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on March 11, 2019, 03:39:51 PM

On the Mustang 5.0L we have enabled the flex fuel logic that allows the vehicle to adjust on the fly for changes in ethanol content.  So on Bruce's Mustang he can go into the Fuel category and scroll down to PM which displays the ethanol percentage it's seeing at that time.  This logic has not been enabled on the EcoBoost vehicles so that feature is not currently available on the EB.

So the 5.0L have an ethanol sensor stock?

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on March 11, 2019, 03:41:23 PM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on March 11, 2019, 03:39:51 PM

So the 5.0L have an ethanol sensor stock?

No, only GM used an ethanol content sensor.  These vehicles use other methods to determine ethanol content.  It's inferred logic just like all of the other factory flex fuel Ford vehicles.

Brucelinc

It will be very handy to be able to run 93 or E85 or any mixture of the two.  According to their video, with their flex fuel tune, just going from 93 to E85 is worth around 17 HP and 17 lbs/ft of torque.   453 hp and 427 torque at the wheels.   The Mustang is already pretty well tuned from the factory so the gains aren't like we see on an ecoboost but this should take it up a notch.

Brucelinc

I loaded up the flex tune in my Mustang.   I only had 93 in the tank but it feels pretty good.   The shifts are very quick and firm even in the normal drive mode.   With cold pavement and street tires, I haven't done any WOT runs but I think the tune is going to be a nice upgrade.   It barks the tires pretty good on the first two shifts even at around 1/2 throttle.

Problem:   When I attempted to show the gauges, I get "PID not supported" on virtually all of the selections.  I finally got RPM and PM (% of ethanol) to show but only for about 4 seconds and then it says "PID not supported."   To further complicate things, I did add about 5 gallons of E85 to approximately 2 gallons of 93 that was in the tank.      I drove around for at least 1/2 hour but my A/F ratio is still at 14.2....same as on full 93.  I expected it to be a bit richer (13ish?) with the additional ethanol in the tank.   Full E85 should be around 10, I think.   I am not sure how long it is supposed to take for the system to learn the ethanol content and adjust the A/F ratio and other parameters but it doesn't seem to have learned it yet.   

I will be calling Anthony on Monday about this.   He and the team at Livernois has treated me very well so I am sure we will get this ironed out.   If anyone else has any ideas about the PIDs appearing to not be supported, please let me know.