• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Tuning Device from LME?

Started by StealBlueSho, October 08, 2018, 02:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I appreciate you chiming in so quickly!
I know the new Mycal plus has the ability to display gauges and can record datalogs,but does new tuner support or have options such as to adjust tire size and gear ratio adjustment option built into the tuner for the SHO/FLEX platform! Thanks again.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: ZSHO on October 09, 2018, 05:44:18 PM
I know the new Mycal plus has the ability to display gauges and can record datalogs,but does new tuner support or have options such as to adjust tire size and gear ratio adjustment option built into the tuner for the SHO/FLEX platform! Thanks again.  Z
From what i know it does not, we can look into it in a future date but as of today it does not have the ability to do that

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on October 10, 2018, 09:59:26 AM
From what i know it does not, we can look into it in a future date but as of today it does not have the ability to do that

Not sure if you can answer this now or not... HOWEVER.. with the ability to datalog, will you be able to make adjustments to modifications remotely?  This would alleviate the need to drive to LMS for dyno sessions for modifications such a IC upgrades, Turbos, etc.. 

Or is it strictly at this point a troubleshooting method if people are experiencing issues?

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 10, 2018, 10:03:58 AM

Not sure if you can answer this now or not... HOWEVER.. with the ability to datalog, will you be able to make adjustments to modifications remotely?  This would alleviate the need to drive to LMS for dyno sessions for modifications such a IC upgrades, Turbos, etc.. 

Or is it strictly at this point a troubleshooting method if people are experiencing issues?
At this point it is for troubleshooting but in the future that seems something we could definitely do!

802SHO

I'm curious now that we know it doesn't utilize data logging like SCT.  Are you still going to hawk all your stuff so you can monitor your LMS tune with some touch screen buttons sbs ?
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 802SHO on October 10, 2018, 12:11:07 PM
I'm curious now that we know it doesn't utilize data logging like SCT.  Are you still going to hawk all your stuff so you can monitor your LMS tune with some touch screen buttons sbs ?

I have already sold off the SCT Tuner. I talked to LMS yesterday about the datalogging capabilities and Vince(iirc) who was one of the guys who spear headed the development of the product assured me that the datalogging capabilities of the new LMS programmer will be robust. The product will dump everything out to a CSV file that can be mapped, analyzed, etc...

While they are not using SCT according to LMS, if the resulting output is a CSV file, it can be manipulated to load up into livelink for analysis. It would be nice to get a full list of available PIDS that can be logged, but I should have the device in hand tomorrow so my curiosity will soon be sated.

Worst case scenario is that I pull out my old X3 which is fully capable of datalogging, however, unless LMS completely misses the boat with this product, I am sure it will be able to provide the data I need/desire.

IMHO this is the product that finally rounds out the LMS offerings for future and further development. If they are able to gather data from people who run their tunes remotely, I would image they can speed up the tuning cycle to offer more tuning options with faster updates instead of waiting for customers to get on their dyno. This is the same process that SCT based tuning shops do today. Tuners likes GH, AJPturbo, BCB, and Unleashed get massive amounts of data from their customers to work with and quickly are able to figure out what works and what doesn't with new modifications. 

One of the biggest complaints about LMS tunes from customers I have seen is the lack of datalogging with their older device. Granted, most people can't read them because they don't want to deal with it or want to learn it.. but the comfort of knowing if they think there is an issue of grabbing the data and sending it to their tuner is a big plus.

Are you interested in my current MyCalibrator.. If you want it let me know.

802SHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 10, 2018, 12:48:34 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on October 10, 2018, 12:11:07 PM

I have already sold off the SCT Tuner. I talked to LMS yesterday about the datalogging capabilities and Vince(iirc) who was one of the guys who spear headed the development of the product assured me that the datalogging capabilities of the new LMS programmer will be robust. The product will dump everything out to a CSV file that can be mapped, analyzed, etc...

While they are not using SCT according to LMS, if the resulting output is a CSV file, it can be manipulated to load up into livelink for analysis. It would be nice to get a full list of available PIDS that can be logged, but I should have the device in hand tomorrow so my curiosity will soon be sated.

Worst case scenario is that I pull out my old X3 which is fully capable of datalogging, however, unless LMS completely misses the boat with this product, I am sure it will be able to provide the data I need/desire.

IMHO this is the product that finally rounds out the LMS offerings for future and further development. If they are able to gather data from people who run their tunes remotely, I would image they can speed up the tuning cycle to offer more tuning options with faster updates instead of waiting for customers to get on their dyno. This is the same process that SCT based tuning shops do today. Tuners likes GH, AJPturbo, BCB, and Unleashed get massive amounts of data from their customers to work with and quickly are able to figure out what works and what doesn't with new modifications. 

One of the biggest complaints about LMS tunes from customers I have seen is the lack of datalogging with their older device. Granted, most people can't read them because they don't want to deal with it or want to learn it.. but the comfort of knowing if they think there is an issue of grabbing the data and sending it to their tuner is a big plus.

Are you interested in my current MyCalibrator.. If you want it let me know.

I already own one.  I've ran their tunes for a couple years until this summer.  I'm sceptical about the new programmer so I guess I'll wait and see what it does for you.  It sounds good and everything.  Only time will tell.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ZSHO

I wouldn't be surprised if its readily available on the F -150 platform! Thanks for the update.  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: ZSHO on October 10, 2018, 02:13:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if its readily available on the F -150 platform! Thanks for the update.  Z   :)
That it is! Many people are already using this feature on the f-150 platform!

StealBlueSho

Thanks LMS!

Time to play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 11, 2018, 12:42:48 PM
Thanks LMS!

Time to play!

Sweet glad you got it! I know your pretty good with this kind of thing but if you need any help dont hesitate to call me or anthony and we will help you out!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on October 11, 2018, 02:07:35 PM
Thanks LMS!

Time to play!

Sweet glad you got it! I know your pretty good with this kind of thing but if you need any help dont hesitate to call me or anthony and we will help you out!

I already called and Jake(?) said he passed along the serial numbers from my old mycal and my new mycal to Anthony to you guys can push the tunes to the new device... waiting on an email to let me know I can start updating both devices... I guess I need the stock tune pushed back onto my Mycal so the new mycalibrator can pull it off the car.. anyway.. waiting to hear back from Anthony.  Thanks though for the support.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 11, 2018, 02:10:25 PM
Thanks LMS!

Time to play!

I already called and Jake(?) said he passed along the serial numbers from my old mycal and my new mycal to Anthony to you guys can push the tunes to the new device... waiting on an email to let me know I can start updating both devices... I guess I need the stock tune pushed back onto my Mycal so the new mycalibrator can pull it off the car.. anyway.. waiting to hear back from Anthony.  Thanks though for the support.
Yup we are already working on it now just remember it does take some time for these files to be written and triple checked before being sent to each of our customers with these tunes! We will get this done as quick as we can!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on October 11, 2018, 02:55:58 PM
Thanks LMS!

Time to play!

Yup we are already working on it now just remember it does take some time for these files to be written and triple checked before being sent to each of our customers with these tunes! We will get this done as quick as we can!

Sounds good. I was perusing the device... do you by chance have a user guide for this device? Something that goes into detail on the available PIDS, datalogging, etc.. I can figure it out but if you already have one that would be nice.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 11, 2018, 02:57:31 PM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on October 11, 2018, 02:55:58 PM
Thanks LMS!

Time to play!

Sounds good. I was perusing the device... do you by chance have a user guide for this device? Something that goes into detail on the available PIDS, datalogging, etc.. I can figure it out but if you already have one that would be nice.
As of now no we are still working on this and it will be released in the future