• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Tuning Device from LME?

Started by StealBlueSho, October 08, 2018, 02:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

It appears LME is changing their tuning device? Are they also changing the software they use to write the tunes as well? What I am asking, is last time you changed devices it was required to get the new device to use the new tunes. Will this be the case again? I also see on the advertisement picture there is a datalog option as well...

Questions:

1: Will new tunes that are released require the new tuner?
2: If you currently have the old hypertech style device, will there be a trade in program for the new one?

Thank you!

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631104

StealBlueSho

Just spoke to Dave over a LMS...

The old style tuner we have now will still work with updated tunes according to him. It is not required to update the tuning device to support new tunes.

I am curious about the functionality of the new device, maybe LME can do a video of what the new device has to offer?

StealBlueSho

Got a bit more clarification this morning...

1: The new device for sure will do live displays of up to 6 different parameters.. Jake from LMS is going to provide me a list of what is viewable.
2: There will be NO trade in allowance with the old device. They will not be selling the old devices so there is no value to LMS.
3: The old devices are still supported (resale value is still there)
4: Datalogging will be an option which you will be able to send to LMS for troubleshooting and tune changes(not sure how much they will change)

Assuming I can monitor the typical ford pids, this is a done deal for me...

Hopefully whoever is monitoring this section from LMS can chime in and help clarify any points I have made for the forum.

TopherSho

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 09, 2018, 09:16:20 AM

1: The new device for sure will do live displays of up to 6 different parameters.. Jake from LMS is going to provide me a list of what is viewable.
2: There will be NO trade in allowance with the old device. They will not be selling the old devices so there is no value to LMS.
4: Datalogging will be an option which you will be able to send to LMS for troubleshooting and tune changes(not sure how much they will change)

Hopefully whoever is monitoring this section from LMS can chime in and help clarify any points I have made for the forum.

Post many details when you buy and tune good sir!  I will be diverting some tax refunds to a LMS box next year in addition to hard pipes..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on October 09, 2018, 09:34:06 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 09, 2018, 09:16:20 AM

Post many details when you buy and tune good sir!  I will be diverting some tax refunds to a LMS box next year in addition to hard pipes..

I am hoping to have one in hand by the end of the week. As usual.. I will post a snore inducing review of the hardware.. as I usually do!

bpd1151

You mean this new, nifty lil device, of which I have in my grubby lil paws right here.....?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Why yes... yes... yes... I expect a full detailed review before mine arrives.

bpd1151

Ha. It's nice. I like it a lot. Have had it for a while now.

Admittedly, I need to drive my SHO more to take full advantage of it.

And regrettably, my SHO is being reclassified through my insurance company. As of Monday, October 22nd, it will be being listed as "in storage" status. Which means no more driving it until next year, when old man winter has come and gone.

I've been waiting on the release of the IC in order to perform all of the fueling upgrades still collecting dust on my work bench.

So you'll likely have a (much more thorough,  in-depth) review of this product much sooner than I. Which I'm sure the community will appreciate.

I am VERY HAPPY for LMS to see that they've brought back a touch screen device, that ALSO allows for live datalogging.

Now, truth be told, my "old" touch screen device did the same things as this current one (with the exception being the ability to upload to a cloud storage) but there are very few of those (old touch screen models) out there in existence.

I am elated to see LMS returning to a touch screen device. I predict brisk sales due to capabilities over their current offering.

StealBlueSho

Waiting on a call back from the sales guys.. they are all in a meeting(how unhelpful of them) and are gonna call me back so I can place my order. Apparently they have a piss pot full of these ready to go...

StealBlueSho

@BPD1151 Anyway you can provide pictures of the gauge screen? I know you are just sitting around doing nothing anyway ;-)

shoNoff

This is perfect as my sct got stolen the other night. Then I ordered a new one and I'm having a nightmare getting it to work. It's great as sct has been as useless as a ham sandwich at a bar matzvah.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on October 09, 2018, 11:50:10 AM
@BPD1151 Anyway you can provide pictures of the gauge screen? I know you are just sitting around doing nothing anyway ;-)
Sitting around doing nothing. Now that's funny.

Maybe later this evening.

ZSHO

There are quite a few more features depending on the exact year and model of your ecoboost. I'm hoping LMS will chime in very shortly! So stay tuned.  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: ZSHO on October 09, 2018, 03:52:15 PM
There are quite a few more features depending on the exact year and model of your ecoboost. I'm hoping LMS will chime in very shortly! So stay tuned.  Z   :)
Hey guys this is cody just gonna chime in here for any questions you guys have that have not already been answered through phone calls/ emails! Everyone so far is loving the new touch screen tuner design and its fairly simple design and how to use the product, We still use our own custom software for this item with our proprietary tunes but now it allows you to data long/monitor gauges on the car such as fuel pressure, boost, ect!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on October 09, 2018, 05:12:41 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on October 09, 2018, 03:52:15 PM
Hey guys this is cody just gonna chime in here for any questions you guys have that have not already been answered through phone calls/ emails! Everyone so far is loving the new touch screen tuner design and its fairly simple design and how to use the product, We still use our own custom software for this item with our proprietary tunes but now it allows you to data long/monitor gauges on the car such as fuel pressure, boost, ect!

Thanks for chiming in! Hopefully mine went out the door today. You guys should do a video going over the new features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk