• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

More problems 2010 sho

Started by Spyder3000gtvr4, October 07, 2018, 02:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyder3000gtvr4

So here's a silly question, was I supposed to drain the oil before taking off the timing cover? I was going to drain it but since this oh so helpful Haynes repair manual did not state that in there steps I decided that ill leave it in. Roughly 2 quarts of oil on the floor later..... the timing cover is off

But on the bright side the chocolate milk oil looks very delicious and there's antifreeze drops everywhere.

Quick update. Timing chain actually feels loose to the touch so that's def a problem but I might have dodged a bullet and tell me if I'm insane but I'm watching antifreeze not oil just antifreeze drip from the waterpump area.... I don't believe anything I've done would have loosened the water pump?!? To the step I'm at...
so I'm not sure should I do the headgaskets since I'm most of the way there? should I pop the heads anyway since I know I jumped two teeth trying to loosen the crankshaft pulley bolt to check the valves
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

ZSHO

I would of drained the oil and cooling system IMO! Don't need the excess fluids in your way!   Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I just wanted to confirm that the oil and coolant should be drained prior to the procedure. The first 5 min of the video will confirm this. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Spyder3000gtvr4

So while reassembly I broke the front turbo oil line in the engine. Barely even tightened it. So what are the chances of getting the little threaded piece out? Figure I'm going to be removing the bumper, ac, rad and hope for the best. This car just doesn't want to be on the road!!!
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

ZSHO

Whats the build date! Need to Confirm you have the correct parts due too So many supercesions especially for the 2010MY!  Z

Return bolts: 8mm
Banjo bolt: 14mm