• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Looks like the front struts need replaced - 2013 Interceptor Sedan

Started by irondoor19, October 01, 2018, 03:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

So the front is starting to Clunk During Slow and Tight turns,
Mech says Struts,  and As he is getting old and Slow (24) he wants
to do Quick Struts. So far not a lot Out there "HD For the PI"

Any suggestions from the Forum would be helpful. Do not want to go UNbranded
if i can avoid it, but as of Today i am not finding anything "complete with Springs"
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Gjkrisa

I would double check it's not an axle also just check to see if any of the front boots are torn

I would not go with just any strut either  bit have no real info there
I would say I don't think you need to replace both struts and springs just the strut
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

It sounds like the Left (drivers side) is clunking! How many miles on your current setup! It could just be your strut mount bearings.... 
FCS does make a complete set for the PI but unfortunately its out of stock.  Z

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9115092&cc=3294281&jsn=439

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,police+interceptor+sedan,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,3294281,suspension,strut+/+coil+spring+/+mount+assembly,15174

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Stick with Motircraft parts.  Will serve you much better in the long run unless you go w coilovers.  Aftermarket brands for struts/quickstruts will come back to bite you in the kiester.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

irondoor19

Well NOW I have to choose what gets done and in what order...
Looks like its the PI, THIS is getting Expensive, PLUS my head hurts,
First the 2011 SHO Rear ATP Turbo (looks like we will be rebuilding Both of them)
THEN My GMC Pickup just blew one of the main Brake lines Yesterday,
(at least it happened right outside the Shop, and not Way OUT on the Road)
AND Separated the Tread on the Right Rear of the same truck last week,
Towing a Buddies New Travel Trailer.

I cannot keep up with the Breakdowns !
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

It is obvious you need an exorcist.  First step before anything else.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!