• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Capital Raceway Maryland 09/28/2018

Started by StealBlueSho, September 29, 2018, 09:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Went to Capitol Raceway last night for some test and tune fun.. couple things I discovered...

1: I will never go back to that track.
2: For $40 I should get more than 2 trips down the track.
3: Their track prep is god awful for the test tune guys.
4: They FLOOD the waterbox.. to the point water was running into the staging lanes. Unable to avoid the water at all.. I had to talk to the tech guys about it...

In any event... Matt Robinson at Gearhead has been pinging me to tune my car since I got my new 2016 since I never got to see what his tune could do on my 2010. I pushed off for months but then after some phone time with him I finally conceded to let him have a go at it even though I was running the LMS HPFP.

The only difference between the LMS runs and Gearhead run besides tuning was the addition of HR springs. The LMS E30 best time is 12.799 and the GH best time was 12.415.

Brucelinc

ToMang07

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

shoNoff

Nice run SBS! I think once this intercooler comes out we are gonna see 11's on stock turbo cars more frequently. 1.80 60 foot on street tires is no joke. Do you feel like the springs helped out your 60 time? Or is it to tough to tell with the tune difference.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Jordan

Awesome improvement man. Some better track conditions and it'll be screaming
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on September 29, 2018, 11:26:19 AM
Awesome improvement man. Some better track conditions and it'll be screaming

Couldn't ask for better air... -40 DA. Track conditions we awful... I will stick with MIR... would have been in the 12.3's there with the same DA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-Will

Been to the new Dominion yet? I want to check it out since it moved out of Manassas.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on September 29, 2018, 10:38:12 AM
Nice run SBS! I think once this intercooler comes out we are gonna see 11's on stock turbo cars more frequently. 1.80 60 foot on street tires is no joke. Do you feel like the springs helped out your 60 time? Or is it to tough to tell with the tune difference.

Yes, the springs for sure had the car coming off the line much flatter keeping the weight over the front tires. That made a difference for sure.

Quote from: J-Will on September 29, 2018, 02:27:58 PM
Been to the new Dominion yet? I want to check it out since it moved out of Manassas.

Nah, its an 1/8 mile track and I have one 20 minutes away.. which is where I get my datalogging done.. I hear good things about Dominion though. Where did you move too?

ZSHO

Congrats and Respectable run there SBS!  Z   :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

J-Will

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 29, 2018, 03:54:59 PM
Quote from: shoNoff on September 29, 2018, 10:38:12 AM

Yes, the springs for sure had the car coming off the line much flatter keeping the weight over the front tires. That made a difference for sure.

Quote from: J-Will on September 29, 2018, 02:27:58 PM

Nah, its an 1/8 mile track and I have one 20 minutes away.. which is where I get my datalogging done.. I hear good things about Dominion though. Where did you move too?
I'm still in Woodbridge. Dominion used to be close but they moved the track several years ago.

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

StealBlueSho

I mean... all and all I'm very impressed...

For the modifications I have that's a damn good time. DPs will pick me up .1 to .15 which puts in low 12's without meth... add a full exhaust maybe a bit more there.. add the IC and we are talking high 11's... without meth..

This car drives amazing at this point... so I'm gonna wait on the IC before touching anything else.

AJP turbo

Solid improvement over the LMS dyno derived remote tune!! Nice job!
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 29, 2018, 04:55:38 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on September 29, 2018, 04:45:22 PM
Solid improvement over the LMS dyno derived remote tune!! Nice job!

Thanks Brad! I offered and implored LMS to dyno tune my car, however, they said (again) it's not worth as I won't see any improvement.. strongly dissuaded me from it. Oh well... I knew there was a lot more in it..

And this slip pissed me off... I ran another SHO that was GH auto octane tuned, stock intake, 3BAR and springs... I had Airaid, LMS HPFP E30, 3BAR... shouldn't have been close... the MPH is there so driving had a lot to do with it... mine is the 12.799 run..

You gained almost a full tenth in 60 foot alone.  A .08 gain in 60 foot is almost good for .15 in the 1/4. We are making similar power by trap speed and I can't get my 60 foots that low. God I need to get those springs in my car lol
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

If the dingleberry with the hose wasn't trying to start a garden in the water box I could have ticked off a 1.7X.... bleh