• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Snow tires came today.

Started by DstryEvrytng, September 27, 2018, 09:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

I knew it was coming my wifes car goes through the same process every year.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

shoNoff

Quote from: DstryEvrytng on September 27, 2018, 09:40:19 PM
They are 1/2" larger diameter than the OE BFG comp2 AS.
Mounted and shipped $950 from discount tire direct. Im not a huge fan of the wheels because of the multiple stud holes and they use a hub adapter for dia. But, winter beaters on the cheap so im happy.

I want to throw em on but it isnt time yet. A little excited for snow this year, maybe, kinda. Lol

Have you ever run those falkens? The deal is almost to good to pass up. I may get a similar set up I was looking last night.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

DstryEvrytng

Quote from: shoNoff on November 06, 2018, 11:10:43 AM
Quote from: DstryEvrytng on September 27, 2018, 09:40:19 PM
They are 1/2" larger diameter than the OE BFG comp2 AS.
Mounted and shipped $950 from discount tire direct. Im not a huge fan of the wheels because of the multiple stud holes and they use a hub adapter for dia. But, winter beaters on the cheap so im happy.

I want to throw em on but it isnt time yet. A little excited for snow this year, maybe, kinda. Lol

Have you ever run those falkens? The deal is almost to good to pass up. I may get a similar set up I was looking last night.

This is my first time with any Falken tires. We had a decent snow storm this past week and the roads where terrible. The tires kicked ass!!! I was able to drive within reason of my normal speeds while there was a few inches of snow on the road. They are best on hardpacked/ice covered snow, like right after the plows go through. Thats the fun time!!
Had a WRX go around me (he was driveing like an ***hole) we played after that and the SHO stuck right with the Subaru, with chances to pass but i dont wanna wreck. Lol

There was 9" of heavy wet snow in my driveway and the sho didnt spin a tire plowing through it.

Only issue is the ground clearance of the car.

They handle really good on dry and wet pavement also. Creepily almost better than the Comp2 A/S on 20".

There is slight intermittant vibes i can feel. Most likely slightly off balance due to my RTV goober job.

Apologies for not checking this thread for a while. I didnt bother seeing as there wasnt any snow untill this past week.

15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!