• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Snow tires came today.

Started by DstryEvrytng, September 27, 2018, 09:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DstryEvrytng

They are 1/2" larger diameter than the OE BFG comp2 AS.
Mounted and shipped $950 from discount tire direct. Im not a huge fan of the wheels because of the multiple stud holes and they use a hub adapter for dia. But, winter beaters on the cheap so im happy.

I want to throw em on but it isnt time yet. A little excited for snow this year, maybe, kinda. Lol
15 SHO/pp, bone stock besides the "idiot driver" mod.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Sweet Deal! The tires alone will sometimes cost you that much alone! Enjoy.  Z  :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

DstryEvrytng

I dont think they where discounted at all so i was suprised the tires where that cheap also.

Pretty sure i am going to fill the extra wheel lug holes with black RTV to keep salt and crud off of the rotors. Im gonna need to plug those holes somehow.

Macgyver

Quote from: DstryEvrytng on September 28, 2018, 01:03:03 PM
Pretty sure i am going to fill the extra wheel lug holes with black RTV to keep salt and crud off of the rotors. I'm gonna need to plug those holes somehow.

Too bad there are not black plastic caps that you could silicone in place. Maybe measure and hit up Amazon.

DstryEvrytng

Quote from: Macgyver on September 29, 2018, 05:26:19 PM
Pretty sure i am going to fill the extra wheel lug holes with black RTV to keep salt and crud off of the rotors. I'm gonna need to plug those holes somehow.

Too bad there are not black plastic caps that you could silicone in place. Maybe measure and hit up Amazon.

I actually found some rubber grommets i had laying around the garage today. Probly will stick those in them. The lug pattern is odd in the fact that there are 10 holes so i think you can only use 5 on 4.5" stud pattern no matter which five holes you use. Unless there is a 10 on 4.5" lug pattern hub on something. Lols.

Edit = I guess they can fit 5 on 4 5/8" also.

lamrith

Quote from: DstryEvrytng on September 30, 2018, 12:22:19 AM

I actually found some rubber grommets i had laying around the garage today. Probly will stick those in them. The lug pattern is odd in the fact that there are 10 holes so i think you can only use 5 on 4.5" stud pattern no matter which five holes you use. Unless there is a 10 on 4.5" lug pattern hub on something. Lols.

Yes the other set will be a different pattern, so just make sure you get the right set ligned up so the studs are centered up is what matters.  If the hub bore is larger than stock you will want to get hub centric rings as well.  You want the wheels centered up on the hub, not the studs.

Nice wheel & tire set!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

DstryEvrytng

Quote from: lamrith on October 01, 2018, 12:54:07 PM
Quote from: DstryEvrytng on September 30, 2018, 12:22:19 AM

Yes the other set will be a different pattern, so just make sure you get the right set ligned up so the studs are centered up is what matters.  If the hub bore is larger than stock you will want to get hub centric rings as well.  You want the wheels centered up on the hub, not the studs.

Nice wheel & tire set!

Thx bro! The wheels did come with adapter rings for the hub dia. Good thing because i for sure would have overlooked that as i have never seen a wheel that can fit multiple configurations or hubs.

DstryEvrytng

Finally put them on. Man the 18"s ride way nicer than 20"s. The Falkens make a little noise but not as much as the comp2 a/s.

Cool part, no TPMS light. Idk if the system isnt working or if discount direct put the sensors in without me ordering or paying for them.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

Quote from: DstryEvrytng on November 01, 2018, 12:58:26 PM
Finally put them on. Man the 18"s ride way nicer than 20"s. The Falkens make a little noise but not as much as the comp2 a/s.

Cool part, no TPMS light. Idk if the system isnt working or if discount direct put the sensors in without me ordering or paying for them.

Give it time the computer will catch up. Looks good I have to get a set myself very soon. Has anyone tried 17's? I have a set of wheels that will fit offset and bolt pattern.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ToMang07

I recently just put mine on as well and was pleasantly surprised when the idiot light (tpms) never came on.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

DstryEvrytng

Quote from: shoNoff on November 01, 2018, 01:25:22 PM

Give it time the computer will catch up. Looks good I have to get a set myself very soon. Has anyone tried 17's? I have a set of wheels that will fit offset and bolt pattern.

If you still have the 2013 with PP then 17"s wont fit around the brakes. Ive not tried them tho. If you have the wheels alrdy then throw on on and see if it works. Id like to know.

ZSHO

It looks great there DstryEvrytng! Ready for the Pocono mountains!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

DstryEvrytng

Quote from: shoNoff on November 01, 2018, 01:25:22 PM

Your right. My test drive was about 5 miles and no light. Next day about 20 miles more and it turned on. Thank god it doesnt stay blinking, the blinking period annoys me bad.