• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Project "Just Another SHO"

Started by FiveLeeter918, September 26, 2018, 12:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveLeeter918

Hey guy's, figured I'd start a build thread for my car, primarily for 2 reasons.

1.) I just like showing off what I'm doing and getting feedback on what I can do next; and

2.) My work computer feels like it's about to take a dump, and I don't want to lose all my pictures.

So, anyway, this is to document my 2013 Ford Taurus SHO PP 401a build. I'll load up what I've got, then continue my process as I progress. I bought the car in June 2017 with 22k miles on the clock, owned by an old farmer as his "church car." The dealer I bought it from said he never left the small town except to go to the "big town" to go to Wal-mart once a month.

First steps were to add a 91 octane tune from Ortiz Tuning and Performance, 3 bar and Reisch 170* thermostat along with SP-542 spark plugs. I also did the VTA mod as my proverbial ricer mod.

- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

FiveLeeter918

Shortly after delivery, I picked up an Airaid CAI for a steal and worked a deal with UPR for one of their dual valve catch cans.

Took it to the track to see how I was, and ran a 13.02 @ 106.44 mph in 3500 DA and 92 degree heat.
- Lee

FiveLeeter918

Since then I've acquired a lot of new parts, but parenthood mixed with a busy career and trying to graduate with my Mechanical Engineering degree have proved to keep me locked up, so I haven't had to time to install anything new.

Car currently sits at 55k miles and hasn't changed much other than the addition of 15% tint and an EZ Lip.

So far, I've acquired:
* Stainless Works Downpipes
* Devil's Own 3 Bar Stage 2 Meth Kit
* EPP Noisemaker Delete with meth bung
* H&R Lowering Springs
* DriveBright DRL Conversion Kit
- Lee

802SHO

Nice!  I'd say install everything else.  How long have you been sitting on the performance parts?  And thanks for the expansion plug part number.  I think I might add that today.
Couple comments/questions.  Your EZ lip looks so rippled, I wonder why.  All-Fit Automotive lips are great quality.  I used to have one before I put the front lip spoiler.  What happened to your intake filter?  Sort of looks like maybe you covered the intake to clean the engine with it running and the suction actually imploded the filter.  Curious lol
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

FiveLeeter918

that was how the CAI came used haha, yea it looks like it either tried to suck something in or someone closed the hood on it. I've since swapped it out for one of the blue filters, just haven't gotten any new pics.

I've had the downpipes since March, the rest I've acquired in the past couple months. My wife had a baby in July so the few months before and ever since I'm lucky just to get away long enough for an oil change haha.

As for the EZ Lip, I think I need to re-do it. It's not as dense as the All-Fit Lip and I think I torqued it slightly during install.
- Lee

802SHO

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on September 26, 2018, 01:09:54 PM
that was how the CAI came used haha, yea it looks like it either tried to suck something in or someone closed the hood on it. I've since swapped it out for one of the blue filters, just haven't gotten any new pics.

I've had the downpipes since March, the rest I've acquired in the past couple months. My wife had a baby in July so the few months before and ever since I'm lucky just to get away long enough for an oil change haha.

As for the EZ Lip, I think I need to re-do it. It's not as dense as the All-Fit Lip and I think I torqued it slightly during install.

Speaking from experience I did emplode my old filter and it looked like that lol.  It was odd bc I had cleaned the engine twice before with no issues.  I cut a piece of plastic bag and had it over the intake, not tight, at some point it blocked the air and the intake filter collapsed and the engine stalled.  Wasnt expecting that.  Oopsie.  I since replaced it with a red Airaid filter.  I kept it for the next time I clean the engine...in case the unexpected happens again.

The All-Fit lip I bought was 2.5" and 9ft, was 59.99.  It isnt easy lining it up.  I ended up repositioning it 3 times before I was satisfied.  If you do it again I highly recommend All-Fit.  Actually I may get some and add to the rear valance.  ...thinking out loud. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

FiveLeeter918

yea there's nothing physically wrong with it, hopefully I haven't put a natural distortion in it but we'll see what happens.
- Lee