• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

better air + better tires = new PB

Started by Brucelinc, September 22, 2018, 03:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brucelinc

I finally sneaked into the 11.8 range (barely).   My speed was down a bit in these runs.   The DA was good but we had a stiff headwind and I think that hurt the trap speed by a couple of MPH.

https://youtu.be/e1ZrES6AYLI

StealBlueSho

Congrats Bruce! Is this stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brucelinc

Stock tune but drag radials.   The street tires hooked fine off the line but wheel hopped violently on the 1-2 shift.   The drag radials cured the hop.   I would like to get an E85 tune at some point.   Livernois has one for the 2015-2017 models but not for the '18s.   Torrie has an E85 tune but I would need a new SCT device.   My X4 is married to my Lincoln and I want to keep Brad's tune on it.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Brucelinc on October 17, 2018, 10:22:14 AM
Stock tune but drag radials.   The street tires hooked fine off the line but wheel hopped violently on the 1-2 shift.   The drag radials cured the hop.   I would like to get an E85 tune at some point.   Livernois has one for the 2015-2017 models but not for the '18s.   Torrie has an E85 tune but I would need a new SCT device.   My X4 is married to my Lincoln and I want to keep Brad's tune on it.

That is awesome Bruce! That takes some driving!

802SHO

Quote from: Brucelinc on October 17, 2018, 09:22:33 AM
I finally sneaked into the 11.8 range (barely).   My speed was down a bit in these runs.   The DA was good but we had a stiff headwind and I think that hurt the trap speed by a couple of MPH.

https://youtu.be/e1ZrES6AYLI

That's awesome Congratulations!!!!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Jordan

World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

AJP turbo

It's unreal how well the new gen coyotes and mustangs run....That's sweet Bruce. I have so much in my 2014 mustang with the twin turbos and all and I barely got into the 11.70's, granted my trap was about 131 though and I was on pure street tires with a manual trans.

But damn bruce that makes me want to throw an auto in mine and or get a new one!...Auto trans are tough to beat nowadays.

Nice job!
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

mval

bruce, yes the mopar community is weary of the new 5.0 w/the 10 speed tranny. these new auto trannies mine an 8 & yours a 10 are unbelievable. a manual just can't compete with them. actual a scat pack will hook better than a hellcat, but once it hooks if it's an auto if will fly. good job & by the way, we have always know that on a ford white was the faster color. had a yellow 5.0 want to play the other day as was in my yellow scat, but highway was busy & had my turn coming. tried to get a lexus rcf to play the other day, i must admit it was a head turner & not an import car guy, but he wasn't in the mood. keep making us old guys look good bruce. my sho queen had a good year this year at shows in fact got an invite to the last show of the year. the best of best show. only 200 cars from the whole st louis area were invited & sho got the invite this year. trophies to best 50, not much chance there, but invite, is a big deal. only 8 of the members of my ford club & it's 150 members strong got invited. well good luck bruce.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen