• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Radiator flush

Started by avidmotion, September 21, 2018, 09:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

I am away for 2 months helping with my Mom who had stroke. I want my wife to bring the 2013 SHO to a place to have the radiator fluid flushed. Where is the best place to have this done properly and inexpensively. Not at the stealers please. Any suggestions. ...
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

Macgyver

A reputable chain like I have near me.  Mister car wash ....... www.mistercarwash.com that does that.

SHOdded

Sorry to hear about your Mom, praying for a speedy recovery!

What area are you looking in for the service?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mjhpadi

Just don't forget not any antifreeze goes in our cars. You must use the Motorcraft antifreeze that is Ecoboost specific. From what I understand this is a relatively important issue to prevent cooling system problems.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Gray Brick

This is what I use... supposed to be a good substitution for Motorcraft.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---