• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ecoboost 5.0

Started by geophb, August 09, 2018, 11:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geophb

Kinda random and don't know if it has been brought up before.
But what if ford made an ecoboost 5.0 coyote? and stuffed it in? raptor/f150? new model vehicle? mustang? rwd sedan?
Based on displacement percent increase only (about 40%) it would be at least 500hp. It would be wicked, and v8 so sound will be good.
Thoughts?
2010 Taurus SHO 3bar AJPturbo tune

Gjkrisa

It would be awesome but It seems Dodge is the only one who want to make huge numbers and if they were Todo it they would want it to cost 100k
it deffently wouldn't fit the Ecoboost model v12 is not a common engine to try and say here's a v8 with v12 power when you need it.

It's something that maybe they could develop a new performance vehicle or a new option for a truck so I doubt it would happen but there is still a small possibility.

I think Ford's real focus is and should be on developing and bringing new technology too bad Mazda is the real one making the changes in engine development.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

autobahn terror

The '18 Mustang is basically an Ecoboost 5.0 minus the boost. What I mean is they added GDI to the 5.0, and kept the Port EFI for added flexibility with the fuel system. Its just too bad lots of issues have been reported with the new 5.0 motor. It's the first year offered so its to be expected, but basically it just needs boost; A knock off cheap hellion kit on one would complete your dream.

Unless I am mistaken the magic of the ecoboost is just Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection, along with a healthy Stroke and Cam profile...
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

AJP turbo

Quote from: autobahn terror on August 10, 2018, 03:47:27 AM
A knock off cheap hellion kit on one would complete your dream.

Let me know if such a kit exists...I have one and they are one of the better engineered kits out

It's actually one of the most expensive ways to boost a coyote.....far more economical to put on a procharger or supercharger but when I open the hood people love mine wayyy more and my personal belief is twin turbo V8's are the coolest thing on the planet next to a twin turbo V12
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

autobahn terror

You could also go the Fo-bougatti route, 4 EB borg-warners' out the junkyard, (two per bank with the exhaust out the hood!). There is a YT vid of a guy who made a built a junkyard late 70's camaro with the 4 baby turbski's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVveg2sE3CA

as for the cheap hellion kit, you would have to piece something together from multiple suppliers like http://www.vsracing.net. I know its a bit more complicated than that to have a truly b*tch'n setup with the driveablity and safety of the hellion kit, but it can be done.
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

SHOdded

Talk to SuperSixMotorSports.  Might have some usable ideas.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

Quote from: AJP turbo on August 10, 2018, 08:53:29 AM
Quote from: autobahn terror on August 10, 2018, 03:47:27 AM
A knock off cheap hellion kit on one would complete your dream.

Let me know if such a kit exists...I have one and they are one of the better engineered kits out

It's actually one of the most expensive ways to boost a coyote.....far more economical to put on a procharger or supercharger but when I open the hood people love mine wayyy more and my personal belief is twin turbo V8's are the coolest thing on the planet next to a twin turbo V12

Yup, they also throw in some free lag at no extra cost.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0