• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

LMS Remote Tune to LMS Dyno

Started by StealBlueSho, September 16, 2018, 07:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Anyone here gone to LMS for just a dyno session after they have been running their remote tune? Curious if it was worth the money?

For clarity I called LMS to schedule, Anthony said their remote tunes are based on in-house dyno tunes, and that a dyno session may not result in much of any change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Unleashed has always offered remote tuning.  So I expect that LME remote tuning will work the same way.  I would say the more heavily modified (as in bleeding edge) your vehicle, the more it is worth doing an in-house tune.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

I ran their "stock" remote tune files prior to a couple of dyno sessions and have enjoyed both.

But then again, owning a 2010 and the EB having been new to the market at that time, suffice to say, it was a learning experience for all involved.

In my case, as I continued to push the platform, the dyno sessions IMHO proved much more beneficial, than not.

Not sure if that helps you at all in your conundrum?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk