• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

aFe intake for SHO group buy

Started by Blackhawk, June 01, 2018, 03:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twintrbskies

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

SaveMelMac

Curious if anyone has got one yet? Or any word on a release?

SaveMelMac

Just got an email today saying they are shipping at the end of September

Twintrbskies

Just seen a message giving the 25% off code and seems they will be shipping out at the end of September. Just ordered mine!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

SHOdded

Well?  Any updates from anyone?  It's lonely out here in webspace :P

Supposedly have just under a week to take advantage at the old price then it goes up to 299.
AFEMFGB at checkout to receive the discount and free cleaning kit, cover, and free shipping

(Source:  FB SHO Owners page)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

limited02

I want to see a few people dyno first because the current claimed results on the top end seem a little too good to be true (33hp gain over the stock airbox on a stock tune).  I'll gladly pay the extra $50 of it Otis sitting close to that.  Throw in the soon to be released intercooler that claims big gains and downpipes that are already proven, we'll be cooking!

SHOdded

33 hp on the top end.  through the rev range it is more like 7 hp.  Even with a K&N filter dyno, you can see the gains clearly being above 4,000 rpm.  Yeah, stock setups are THAT efficient today.

So the question really is:  where does the rpm predominantly live on YOUR SHO?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Blackhawk

I ordered one, if it gets here by Oct 3rd I will make several passes with and without it on my SHO at the Track.  I did the same with my m-design and ended up running my k&n drop in filter by the end of the night. 

TSS

Once again late to the game, just checked it out.     

I've tried the K&N Typhoon, Airaid, K&N drop-in, and M design........They each have their unique qualities and I found none of them to be a complete standout Or the holy Grail for sound and performance. Keep in mind, this is all using my butt Dyno so there is absolutely no mathematical or empirical data accuracy.   As far as sound goes, I probably liked the Typhoon the best.......As far as giving me easier and better access to the transmission dipstick, M design Takes the prize on that one. If this one Posted turns out to be a winner, I'd love to try it. Why not? I tried every other one. LOL

Side note,If anybody happens to talk to them, you could also let them know that there was no 2009 MKS with the 3.5.....All 2009 got the naturally aspirated 3.7 ......They just might want to update their website.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

J-Will

Quote from: limited02 on September 18, 2018, 11:06:55 PM
I want to see a few people dyno first because the current claimed results on the top end seem a little too good to be true (33hp gain over the stock airbox on a stock tune).  I'll gladly pay the extra $50 of it Otis sitting close to that.  Throw in the soon to be released intercooler that claims big gains and downpipes that are already proven, we'll be cooking!
Me too. I'll pay the "wait and see" tax

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SaveMelMac

Got mine ordered.  Looks like the best design I have seen for our platform IMO

jbrown9999

Quote from: J-Will on September 19, 2018, 02:55:06 PM
Quote from: limited02 on September 18, 2018, 11:06:55 PM
Me too. I'll pay the "wait and see" tax

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Count me on the "lets see what actually happens first" list.  Already put out for M Design and a K&N.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod