• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Ecoboost in the stable! (2016 F150)

Started by derfdog15, September 14, 2018, 10:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derfdog15

Some of you know I had plans to get a new SHO after mine got totalled, but ended up getting a 2015 Fusion Titanium. I then bought a house, and realized I had a lot more practical use for a truck, than for another SHO. As such, as of this Wednesday, I now own a 2016 F150! So far it rides much better than I expected, based on having driven my 04 with a 5.4L a while ago, and my dads 2011 with the 3.5L Eco. I got the 3.5L Ecoboost (unfortunately not the "high output" version, but a tune can fix that later). 6 Speed trans, 3.55 gears, 4x4 with all the towing bells and whistles if needed.

More pics to come. Trying really hard not to tune it right off the bat. Also have plans to swap everything over to LED lights. Already ordered the media hub for the SYNC 3 system to support carplay, and updated to Sync 3 v. 3.0

Also, need to deal with the pesky recall for the seat belt pre-tensioner causing fire in the event of an accident.

2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Very nice Derf and welcome back to the EB family.

Certainly has been a while for sure.

Glad to see 'ya return. More pics please.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AJP turbo

Awesome Derf....good luck not tuning it!...don't sweat it not being the HO
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Congrats!!!! Love the color!

As far as not tuning it.... I give it 2 weeks before Brad gets an emails...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derfdog15

Here are a few more pics. Thank you for the kind words guys.

2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts