• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Cracked vynl/leather

Started by Gjkrisa, September 08, 2018, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

So noticed cracked seat today must be from not using conditioner and the heat after 28 months and 23thousand miles

Need to check the car seat to see how bad that is but i hate moving that thing.

On another note I just started using mequires glaze leather/linyl conditioner mainly for it's like new leather smell when some of the ethonal has evaporated

Bought at napa .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

StealBlueSho

My 2010 did the same thing... I think it's from repeated pressing against that plastic trim piece under it.... aka getting into and out of the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wraitherx

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 08, 2018, 10:15:08 PM
My 2010 did the same thing... I think it's from repeated pressing against that plastic trim piece under it.... aka getting into and out of the car.

Yup, my 2011 did the same thing and what SBS states is the cause. Funny thing is on my 14 instead of the leather ripping the plastic broke which I was happier with. I'd much rather replace the plastic trim piece than the bottom cover.

2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

Gjkrisa

Well I do plan to do a repair on it.
I've seen the repair from Napa so going to try that.
Correction this is what I'm going to use I saw this video earlier surprised it was easy to find again

https://www.globalsmartrepairs.com/product-page/leather-crack-filler

https://youtu.be/HvvGLMMTyFw
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

donky4444

My 11 did the same thing. I had it replaced under the original factory warranty and the replacement ripped in just over a year. I keep my leather conditioned sofa and supple and it still cracked. Just a poor design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

ToMang07

Same on my '13. I twitch every time I see that.... $47,000 car....smeh.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

802SHO

AutoZone and other places sell the rubber fender/door trim or guard.  I bought some black and put it around the hard plastic on the driver side.  Mine already started to tear there though.  I bet if you put it on it won't start.  Can't even notice its on.  Cut to length...done. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20