• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Smoking on decel only

Started by Jordan, September 08, 2018, 06:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan

Valve stem seal would be crazy. I'm not smoking on start up but that seems to be about the only thing it could be at this point. Previously I looked up to see if anybody had needed to do valve stem seals and I couldn't find a case of it. I'll look into it more now
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on September 26, 2018, 10:33:19 AM
Valve stem seal would be crazy. I'm not smoking on start up but that seems to be about the only thing it could be at this point. Previously I looked up to see if anybody had needed to do valve stem seals and I couldn't find a case of it. I'll look into it more now

I have never seen anyone on the SHO forums have a diagnosis of valve stem seals. Not that I couldn't happen, just haven't seen it.

Might be worth while checking on the F150 EB forums as they tend to run their motors harder so someone over there might have seen it...

If I am not mistaken, wouldn't a compression leak down test confirm or deny it? I could be wrong on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 26, 2018, 11:58:07 AM
Quote from: Jordan on September 26, 2018, 10:33:19 AM

I have never seen anyone on the SHO forums have a diagnosis of valve stem seals. Not that I couldn't happen, just haven't seen it.

Might be worth while checking on the F150 EB forums as they tend to run their motors harder so someone over there might have seen it...

If I am not mistaken, wouldn't a compression leak down test confirm or deny it? I could be wrong on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Compression test wouldn't show a bad valve stem seal. I think you are thinking a valve seal itself that seals the valve to the head while a valve stem seal seals the camshaft side of things.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque