• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

CD slot cell phone holders

Started by Scott13SHO, September 10, 2018, 08:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

I had one for my 2013 SHO-but the fit was on the sloppy side. I'd like to get one that fits better and has a magnetic head on it told me over till I get a 2021 Bronco with Sync3 or whatever they are gonna call it then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

Scott4957

I personally would avoid it. I have one in my 2013 MKS and for the life of me I can't get it out without feeling like I'm going to break something. I don't use the CD player but it seems fused in there after a couple years.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

glock-coma

Ive been using this for the better part of 2 years without issue.
I actually have the older version that had a yellow magnetic area.
I added a couple of neodymium magnets to increase the holding power.
The extra magnets are not really necessary with just a phone only tablets.

Mountek nGroove Snap+ HeavyDuty Magnetic CD Slot Car Mount for Cell Phones, Smartpho... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R0MELU6/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_udTLBb8Z6S33X
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Scott13SHO

Does anyone know if these magnetic holders will wipe out credit card strips? I have a wallet case on mine

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

glock-coma

Quote from: Scott13SHO on September 10, 2018, 04:20:27 PM
Does anyone know if these magnetic holders will wipe out credit card strips? I have a wallet case on mine

Yes, neodymium magnets in close proximity to the credit card strip will erase or scramble data.
Cell phone case wallets and magnetic phone mounts are not a recommended combo.

Here's some good reading.
https://www.kjmagnetics.com/blog.asp?p=magnetic-stripes

Scott13SHO

Quote from: glock-coma on September 10, 2018, 06:05:03 PM
Quote from: Scott13SHO on September 10, 2018, 04:20:27 PM

Yes, neodymium magnets in close proximity to the credit card strip will erase or scramble data.
Cell phone case wallets and magnetic phone mounts are not a recommended combo.

Here's some good reading.
https://www.kjmagnetics.com/blog.asp?p=magnetic-stripes

That was perfect! Thought it begs the question if the metal plate it attaches to will be enough to block the magnet. The one I picked up has a few plates and I was thinking about putting it the closest the outside part of the case so I can use it when I want to (the cards in a rubber case material on the back)

glock-coma

Yeah, they say 1/32-1/16" "should"
be enough the block it but idk.

Macgyver

As far as the slot. Mine was lose too even with all they supplied adjusters. I just used some thin black foam tape I had laying around and it works like a charm.