• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Smoking from bad turbo

Started by Spyder3000gtvr4, September 06, 2018, 03:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToMang07

~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

Spyder3000gtvr4

i was in high hopes that after reading the article that my synthetic oil was affecting the phasers enough to throw 147 codes at once. Lol ok new oil being added to my list for timing chain.
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

ZSHO

Its very unfortunate but its conventional oil that does more harm than good,especially when changed @ high intervals,which ultimately will leave you having to change your VCT solenoids sooner than later.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Spyder3000gtvr4

Pw495? Motorcraft waterpump, pitting my ordertogether now and finding a few different part numbers

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Spyder3000gtvr4

I ran the vin on the site and the site says pw538, uhg why is there 43 different waterpump numbers!?!?

SHOdded

I dunno.  Besides actual differences in one sprocket vs two etc.  Maybe updated seals?  No idea.  go with the part number it shows you for the MY engine you have.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Spyder3000gtvr4

I'm pretty sure that's what the guy was talking about on the other forum about upgrading the newer style. Single sprocket like an old school bike chain vs what looks like 3 bike chains compressed into 1, great description I know. I'd rather do the newer style chain that isn't notorious for stretching. All I ordered so far was cam locks and head temp sensor. I'm pretty sure that since I'm replacing the chain and water pump all that's left is the phasers which I was considering changing anyway before you said I don't really need them. The vct solenoids you said 1 for each Bank I take that means 2?

SHOdded

are you referring to the ford flex forum link posted earlier?

yes, 2 vct solenoids in all for the SHO.

Spyder3000gtvr4

SHOdded

Don't be.  I finally went through that thread, lot of good info in there, just not sure how much of it applies to the SHO.  Have to compare at some point ...

Spyder3000gtvr4

Well I reached out to livernous tonsee if they could give me a 100% answer the chain thing. To make it worse I reached out to two vendors to possibly order the pw538 waterpump and 1 said yes and 1 said no. Uhg.

Cam locks, 2 vct sensors, engine block sensor... ordered.
Timing cover gasket set? Guess so right?

So mystery waterpump and chain left to order still

SHOdded

timng cover gasket is fabricated from RTV, so you have to buy RTV.

Spyder3000gtvr4

Well the "kit" on rockauto has a tube. Not sure what the other stuff is 1 looks like the waterpump gasket.