• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 SHO

Started by TomBuckman, September 01, 2018, 11:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Welcome aboard TomBuckman! The PPE catted DP are a must in your situation!
I just recently passed my emissions testing while using Torque-pro to monitor the I/M readiness status.It took me roughly 60 miles of driving in order to have all the monitors complete! BTW your SHO looks very familiar.Lol. Z   :WELCOME:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TomBuckman

Quote from: ZSHO on September 01, 2018, 06:08:52 PM
I just recently passed my emissions testing while using Torque-pro to monitor the I/M readiness status.It took me roughly 60 miles of driving in order to have all the monitors complete! BTW your SHO looks very familiar.Lol. Z   :WELCOME:

Did you have to go back to a stock tune, or were you able to pass with your current tune? Can you tell me what the lead time on your PPE down pipes were? I see some re-seller website state 8 week lead time, but PPE's site doesn't say anything about extended lead times or that they're built to order.
2014 Mustang GT - Oxford White
2014 Taurus SHO - Ruby Red Metallic

ZSHO

Quote from: TomBuckman on September 01, 2018, 06:28:48 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on September 01, 2018, 06:08:52 PM

Did you have to go back to a stock tune, or were you able to pass with your current tune? Can you tell me what the lead time on your PPE down pipes were? I see some re-seller website state 8 week lead time, but PPE's site doesn't say anything about extended lead times or that they're built to order.
I purchased the PPE Catted DP many years ago during a "group buy" which was roughly 10 days IIRC!
I always revert back to stock tune,as my tuner does disable the rear 02 sensors.
Signature below for reference. 
I do see a 8 week waiting period for the PPE! Dunno!  Z

https://www.ecopowerparts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=150&zenid=JNasKGaIihH3p3gX4tHPZ2

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TomBuckman

Good news!

I took heed of all the maintenance to square away. The car has SP-534 in it, with a nice dab of dielectric grease on them. Additionally, the PTU fluid is fresh. The previous owner must have done it right before they traded it in because the fluid was golden and see-through. Instead of using the mega-long extension method I just snaked my arm over the exhaust and used a standard 3/8's rachet. It was tight, but I got it out.

The RDU, however, I cannot get to. The Livernois exhaust covers the drain plug, so I'll have to take it to a shop for that.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TomBuckman on September 02, 2018, 02:21:07 PM
Good news!

I took heed of all the maintenance to square away. The car has SP-534 in it, with a nice dab of dielectric grease on them. Additionally, the PTU fluid is fresh. The previous owner must have done it right before they traded it in because the fluid was golden and see-through. Instead of using the mega-long extension method I just snaked my arm over the exhaust and used a standard 3/8's rachet. It was tight, but I got it out.

The RDU, however, I cannot get to. The Livernois exhaust covers the drain plug, so I'll have to take it to a shop for that.

Sounds like you picked up a good one! Congrats!!!

Whoever owned it before you seemed to have known what they were doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

@ -the OP is your SHO a NON-PP! Glad to hear things are working in your favor.  Z

SHOdded

A sawzall will cure that exhaust-drain plug problem :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TomBuckman

Quote from: ZSHO on September 02, 2018, 06:28:35 PM
@ -the OP is your SHO a NON-PP! Glad to hear things are working in your favor.  Z

It is not a PP. Though, I feel like the previous owner did what they could to make it a poor-mans PP.

TomBuckman

Quote from: SHOdded on September 02, 2018, 08:15:03 PM
A sawzall will cure that exhaust-drain plug problem :D

The rasp is real with the catless downpipes and Livernois exhaust. I don't even want to think about what it'd sound like with no mufflers!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TomBuckman on September 03, 2018, 09:58:01 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on September 02, 2018, 08:15:03 PM
A sawzall will cure that exhaust-drain plug problem

The rasp is real with the catless downpipes and Livernois exhaust. I don't even want to think about what it'd sound like with no mufflers!

Is it bad? I was contemplating this exact setup...

How about drone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomBuckman

Update!

While replacing the passenger side temperature blend door actuator I found an old insurance card and found the original owner on Facebook. He's a Ford master tech, and had the PTU replaced right before 60k for "noise". That was a big relief to know it's basically a new unit. I also found out it has a Livernois HPFP!

SHOdded

Wow, a diamond in the rough indeed!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!