• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

13 SHO in the 11's on stock fueling with PUMP fuel!

Started by Jordan, August 27, 2018, 09:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackhawk

EDIT: I might just be hangry, congrats on the 11's.

Jordan

Haha my whole claim was stock hpfp pump fuel. On another note when the eBay wheels were put on no revisions were made. They probably make a difference but how measurable is another thing. Maybe if the boost was higher. Tried to get brad to make it a little hotter, but he said it was a perfect daily tune
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on August 28, 2018, 04:54:56 PM
Haha my whole claim was stock hpfp pump fuel. On another note when the eBay wheels were put on no revisions were made. They probably make a difference but how measurable is another thing. Maybe if the boost was higher. Tried to get brad to make it a little hotter, but he said it was a perfect daily tune

Yea, Brad is pretty good. He did wonders for my 2010. Experiments and all lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan

Brad is always down to experiment. He loves to learn. I asked him about a ghost cam tune because I saw another tuner who did it and he as totally down to try and experiment with it. Very insightful in his responses too. Tells you what he is doing.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on August 28, 2018, 06:27:18 PM
Brad is always down to experiment. He loves to learn. I asked him about a ghost cam tune because I saw another tuner who did it and he as totally down to try and experiment with it. Very insightful in his responses too. Tells you what he is doing.

Yup, I was the first for a lot of his stuff. Always kept me in the loop. FoMoCoSHO was too for a lot of the eblended stuff Brads got... (insert another snarky comment here)

My 2010 had 11's in it... just never got there due to traction issues.

Excited to see what you and him can cook up next!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NITSOOB

Hell yea! Awesome.. thats like a mid 11 with that DA.  How did those ebay billet wheels go? Was brad able to get more psi out of them, better spool?
2013 PP SHO - 3.5" DPs, 3.5" Exhaust, 3" Coldside
Pending: 5-Blade billet wheel, AJP Tune
1/8: 8.4@86

Jordan

Quote from: NITSOOB on August 28, 2018, 08:29:30 PM
Hell yea! Awesome.. thats like a mid 11 with that DA.  How did those ebay billet wheels go? Was brad able to get more psi out of them, better spool?

Not sure on improvements of them. Considering the hassle to get it all done I wouldn't ever do it again. No revisions were made on the tune after I sent him a log with the updated compressor wheels on the car.

AJP turbo

Quote from: Jordan on August 28, 2018, 09:28:21 PM

Not sure on improvements of them. Considering the hassle to get it all done I wouldn't ever do it again. No revisions were made on the tune after I sent him a log with the updated compressor wheels on the car.

Nice job, I'm loving it! Honestly when you sent me the slip I was thinking that the track was fast and the timing system was off because your mod list didn't jive to me and then I caught wind that you were running reduced weight. But that still is awesome for that DA. I guess don't underestimate weight reduction.

And yeah I remember in May you mentioned upgraded wheels then more recently you told me that you just got stock replacement turbos...So we did look at a datalog to make sure nothing was crazy and out of whack but it didn't seem that a revision was necessary..That makes me kind of want to say that the airflow model was not skewed too bad meaning the wheels didn't make too much of a difference or I would've had to tweak the fueling.

If you run better than you just did in better air that would be freaking awesome....Stuff like this is really satisfying for me. I like seeing my work and when people are happy about their cars performance it's awesome knowing you did that. And kind of a power trip lol

A honestly your tune is safe too I would say....You have shifting torque reductions in place, throttle control for boost/load. So for people to say that you must have the throttle wide open for performance may not fully understand the ecoboost boost control. And only 15 psi!
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Jordan

Quote from: AJP turbo on August 28, 2018, 10:07:19 PM
Quote from: Jordan on August 28, 2018, 09:28:21 PM

Nice job, I'm loving it! Honestly when you sent me the slip I was thinking that the track was fast and the timing system was off because your mod list didn't jive to me and then I caught wind that you were running reduced weight. But that still is awesome for that DA. I guess don't underestimate weight reduction.

And yeah I remember in May you mentioned upgraded wheels then more recently you told me that you just got stock replacement turbos...So we did look at a datalog to make sure nothing was crazy and out of whack but it didn't seem that a revision was necessary..That makes me kind of want to say that the airflow model was not skewed too bad meaning the wheels didn't make too much of a difference or I would've had to tweak the fueling.

If you run better than you just did in better air that would be freaking awesome....Stuff like this is really satisfying for me. I like seeing my work and when people are happy about their cars performance it's awesome knowing you did that. And kind of a power trip lol

A honestly your tune is safe too I would say....You have shifting torque reductions in place, throttle control for boost/load. So for people to say that you must have the throttle wide open for performance may not fully understand the ecoboost boost control. And only 15 psi!

Hah Brad well I guess it's time to turn it up and hit for deep 11's eh?

limited02

Congrats!!!  That's hauling the mail!  I look forward to what you run once the DA drops! 

Isn't the point of the upgraded compressor wheels to help sustain boost at higher RPM's?  This is something I'm interested in doing, but if they don't effectively do that, then I'll pass. 

Jordan

Quote from: limited02 on August 28, 2018, 10:17:35 PM
Congrats!!!  That's hauling the mail!  I look forward to what you run once the DA drops! 

Isn't the point of the upgraded compressor wheels to help sustain boost at higher RPM's?  This is something I'm interested in doing, but if they don't effectively do that, then I'll pass.

Honestly for the money it's not hard to do it, but you have to understand that the downtime and the balancing of the turbos can take a couple weeks so you are without proper turbos (assuming you are fixing something) for an extended period of time and the gains are extremely minimal if anything at all. Overall it cost me like $325 extra over just having the turbos replaced and I would NOT do it again because it literally was not worth the hassle.

Jordan

*** trying real hard on facebook to discredit the run. Thank lord it's extremely documented!

bpd1151

Quote from: Jordan on August 28, 2018, 10:32:33 PM
*** trying real hard on facebook to discredit the run. Thank lord it's extremely documented!
Really!?!?!?!

Ha! What a F'n joke.

This after their "claimed" record run which I'll add, still has never been verified and as far as I know, still hasn't been approved by dragtimes (which I doubt it ever will either).

Nothing but nonsense from that camp.

So glad I don't do FB and even happier that the OP here went to the extent that they had/did, in order to properly document same.

Showing a folded up, half time slip, with a blurred image of a SHO instrument panel in the background does not constitute proof.

Most have already acknowledged that. No matter which tuner camp one hails from.

Congrats a 3rd time to the OP and AJP for their collective efforts.

AJP turbo

Quote from: limited02 on August 28, 2018, 10:17:35 PM

They may be doing that. He had no problem hitting commanded boost targets. But honestly most SHO's don't have a problem sustaining boost at high rpm. 1st gear you usually get a natural boost taper but that's due more because the closed loop boost control system and how it handles corrections.

If you look at say a 3rd gear datalog the 3.5 will hold 16 psi or more relatively easy unless you have a bad turbo or 2 or a leak or a cracked housing. But in 1st gear and even 2nd gear the RPM sweep is so fast at WOT the boost control and logic can really adjust fast enough. You may have to add 40% of wastegate duty in a very short time and it's not really set up to do that. But you can manipulate it somewhat.....THat's where throttle control is helpful...You can pre-emptively run a bit more wastegate duty to prespool and if or when you overshoot the boost target a bit the throttle will step in to control boost/load.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Yes nice job on the proper documentation and keeping it classy by NOT writing "Suck it" on your time slip...You wouldn't want to make people laugh at you or think you are a 15 year old or a man with a small ding ding.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress