• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

All over the road... suspension improvement possible?

Started by ToMang07, August 17, 2018, 09:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

IDK ... maybe it changed in later iterations of Gen V SHOs.  FoMoCo had at one point said he saw 100% or nearly 100% of power being sent to the rear wheels on launch (momentarily of course) via the AWD gauge display in his 2015.  Do you have the display turned on?  The story might be completely different when driving around compared to launch, of course.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

geophb

Quote from: ZSHO on August 21, 2018, 10:33:33 AM
Quote from: ToMang07 on August 21, 2018, 09:17:14 AM
There's less than a 1% difference in diameter between the front/back tires. 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I have had my own issues with Traction control and the very reason I mentioned this ^^^
I hope this helps any!  Z

If DTC C1B00 is setting it is suspected there is likely an intermittent ABS/ADV TRAC/steering fault occurring. If you refer to section 206-09 of the online workshop manual DTC C1B00 sets as a result of a steering wheel angle, accelerometer and WSS input correlation issue. This DTC can be caused by a wheel/tire issue, chassis modifications, a faulted EPAS steering gear, a faulty SCCM, a faulty RCM or a WSS/tone ring/wheel bearing issue. In order to accurately diagnose this concern it will need to be present at the time of testing, otherwise your test results will be inconclusive with no problem found.

Before any further diagnostics inspect for any chassis modifications on this vehicle (i.e. lowering kits) and ensure that the tires on this vehicle are the factory original size, sufficient tread remains, that they are inflated to specification and that their circumferences are all within ½" of one another and replace any affected tire(s) as needed.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6676.0.html

Punched in his tire size into online calculator just for kicks and they are .3 inch off........
2010 Taurus SHO 3bar AJPturbo tune

ToMang07

I would like to report that increasing air pressure did improve it. Didn't cure it, however I'd say it's 1/2-2/3s better than it was (As in dives/pulls less; less aggressively.)
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads