• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Heater turning on and up to 85 degrees

Started by Scott4957, September 03, 2018, 11:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott4957

I have something very weird going on with my 2013 MKS. Last night we were driving home and it swtiched from AC over to heat then started beeping as it upped the temp one degree at a time to the max of 85, full blower and everything. I was eventually able to shut it off, then turn AC back on. My wife took the car this morning and just called saying its doing the same thing.

1. I have keep an eye on the temp readings on the dash, all looks normal
2. I have noticed lately when I remote start the car the radiator fans come on full blast shortly after

Not sure if the car is going into some type of protection mode where it is trying to remove heat quickly, but no codes and the temp gauge stays just below half way like it always has. Anyone seen this happen before?

Thanks,
Scott
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

SHOdded

If both fans come on, unless the fans are failing, that is because the A/C compressor has been activated.

Any whirring, scraping, or clicking noises from the dash?  A blend door actuator could be at fault.

Sounds more like a bad battery, or that the HVAC module needs to be reset.  If the battery (verify CCAs) checks out, then I would pull the neg cable for 40+ minutes and reconnect.  See if that makes a difference.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Scott4957

Okay, yes the fans must just be the AC being on. No weird noises, they are just pretty loud at full speed. I think its software related, maybe the reset/pulling the battery will help. I just put a new battery in last year so it should be good. Found some info on bad APIM models causing similar issues, Ford extended the warranty for 5 years. Thanks for the reply! If it continues I will start by pulling the power.

https://ford.oemdtc.com/1745/12m02-warranty-extension-covering-accessory-protocol-interface-module-apim-software-and-hardware-2011-2014-ford-lincoln

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ZSHO

If both of your Fans are running constantly with A/C OFF you can always try swapping out both relays from your (BCB)...
Here are a couple of diagrams related to the Fans.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Scott4957

Quote from: ZSHO on September 03, 2018, 03:01:17 PM
If both of your Fans are running constantly with A/C OFF you can always try swapping out both relays from your (BCB)...
Here are a couple of diagrams related to the Fans.  Z

No, not a problem there, just wasnt sure if the two were related. It only does it with the AC on.

It started incrementally upping the temp again today, beeping like someone is pressing the button a couple times a second. I can hit the power button a few time and stop it, then go back to max AC. I have the negative cable off now, hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk