• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Radio staying on

Started by shoNoff, August 16, 2018, 10:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

I did a quick search and didn't come up with anything. So this morning when driving to work I stop to get a coffee. Turn off the car go in grab the coffee come back open my door and the radio is on. I think well that's weird I start the car and drive to work. I again open door at work radio stays on. So I reset battery and radio still does the same thing. So I open the passenger door, radio turns off. I also happen to notice interior lights don't go on when I open drivers door either. This leads me instantly to door jamb switch. I cant seem to find a door jamb switch listed. Does anyone know if this is part of the latch?
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ToMang07

IDK how comfortable you are with it, but it is an issue with some of the older Super Duties as well.... 99% of the time spraying some WD40 in the lock/latch area and opening/closing the door a few times fixes it.  Could be worth a try.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

Gray Brick

I am having the same problem with my Flex.... it needs the doorlock assembly replaced. I tried the WD40 thing but no luck.
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

shoNoff

Ill give the wd40 a seems easy enough.

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Isn't there a tsb or recall on this issue for certain MYs?  Check our tsbs/recalls section.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

This is why I love this site. Quick answers. Thanks to all once I get a minute Im going to try to WD40. If that doesn't work Ill look into the TSB's. If nothing there Ill call my local dealer order one and add it to my weekend turbo install.

shoNoff

Just called my local dealer, $88 in stock. Ill look through TSB's and try messing with the latch in a few minutes.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

I did check out both of those SHOdded mine is doing something a little different. Wonder if I can them to cover it still.

shoNoff

Tried the wd40, and some pb blaster. Also kicked it, smashed it with my palm and swore at it. Still didn't work. My question is this, if I just turn the radio off is anything else still running? I don't mind doing this until I can get around swapping out the latch.

shoNoff

I bought my car CPO roughly 3/4 months ago. Wonder if that 1 year 12k warranty would cover this.

SHOdded

i would think so.  CPO is the next best thing to bumpertobumper.

geophb

Is it just not picking up that u opened and closed driver door? Interior lights not coming on?
What if you just quick opened and closed the rear door when u get out for the time being, to shut off the accessory mode?
2010 Taurus SHO 3bar AJPturbo tune

5ohSHO

Have you tried to cycle the ignition to run (not start) and then back to off with the driver door open to see if that shuts the radio off? My PI did this, but if I cycled the key with the driver door open the radio would shut off. Could be a different problem related to the key ignition, but might be worth a try.