• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Misfire. running rough. po30x. po150

Started by geophb, July 17, 2018, 02:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geophb

Bought 2010 Taurus sho 133k. nothing but headaches. Need some insight
Timeline:
Bought it with bad plugs(gap was way over .060) fixed that. then ran great
Blew front turbo(shaft broke). Replaced along with new primary o2s.
Then hit a deer :( :(. 5k in damages. havent fixed that yet lol
Now im getting multiple misfires. i replaced injector 6 and #6 COP. And it looks like injector 5 is now bad. But my question is
"Will a leaking/stick injector cause the whole bank to misfire?" STFT are like -29% (hence po150)

Unrelated to issue
changed all fluids, flushed all the front coolers, put in a ptu drain, tested for boost leaks (homemade kit) and cleaned intake valve carbon build up while intake was off

First post ever, but have always lurked around the forums

2010 Taurus SHO 3bar AJPturbo tune

SHOdded

Wow, that's quite a list!

New ... Sp534 plugs?  Any metal in the oil after the turbo failed?  How did you clean the valves?  Was there a lot of carbon buildup?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 17, 2018, 07:47:37 PM
Wiw,mthats quite a list!

New ... Sp534 plugs?  Any metal in the oil after the turbo failed?  How did you clean the valves?  Was there a lot of carbon buildup?
Manu spell Checker is in order! Lol.  Z  :D

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

geophb

yep used sp534, carefully gapped them at .028
did 2 oil changes with motorcraft filters after turbo swap, didnt cut open the filters though but i doubt i got metal in the oil.
cleaned the valves with a screw driver and picks, soaked with oven cleaner(thats some powerful stuff!), then used a brush and carb cleaner.  Id say there was about a 1/16" of buildup all around in the port. easiest port and polish ive ever done!

geophb

Update for anyone interested.
Put in new injector 5, and all is well. Im thinking that with #5 dumping so much fuel the ecu was pulling fuel from the whole bank (in attempt to maintain correct afr) and causing a lean misfire on 4 and 6.

I also would NOT recommend using oven cleaner to clean valves. While I had no issues and it worked well. Some post repair research suggests it can be corrosive to aluminum if left too long.   

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

geophb

Well I celebrated too soon. same codes came back, except for injector 4 misfire. Intake comes off for the 4th time! :banghead:

SHOdded

Do ALL the injectors this time, I think you will find it an easier way to go.

geophb

Quote from: SHOdded on July 30, 2018, 06:47:13 PM
Do ALL the injectors this time, I think you will find it an easier way to go.
Another update. po130 and cyl3 misfire. Should have taken advice and done all 6, thought I could get away with just the front 3 (bank 2). Injector 3 (Bank 1) is now leaking, even though Bank 1 previously had no issues. Lesson learned. Ordered up 3 more.

SHOdded

Well, hopefully after these 3 are replaced, you will be good to go for quite a while!  Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

geophb

Update
3 New injectors installed. Runs way better now! lol
I used bosch injectors since same as motorcraft from rockauto at $80 each
Tips for injector replacement:
Pull fuel pump fuse. (if you dont it will prime the system if you bump the hood switch/sensor)
Cut a hole in under bumper valance thing to drain coolant, much less messy.

SHOdded

Wish you the best with the new parts!  Enjoy :)