• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Looking for a possible vacuum/boost leak

Started by DoubleDee303, August 14, 2018, 09:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDee303

Hey guys long time first time I've spent alot of time looking through here as a non member but needed more info my 2013 sho has been having weird behavior like a rough idle with no cel and what sounds like waste gate flutter under low rpm any help is appreciated thanks
2013 sho non pp 91 tune stainless works DPs magnaflow catback k&n CAI

ZSHO

Check & inspect the BOV! Sometimes the inner diaphram gets worn,torn which creates a flutter sound under vacuum!  Welcome aboard and due setup an Intro @ your earliest convenience,thanks.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

DoubleDee303

DoubleDee303

Well I checked both Bovs both seem to be in good working shape any other ideas

SHOdded

checked the hoses atop the manifold?  They tend to come loose as they are not clamped down at the factory.

when you checked the BOVs, the orange seals looked intact?  those are what fail.  post up pics if you got 'em.

pull the pipes off the turbos and inspect the turbo housing/turbine/compressor.  try moving the actuator by hand.  these internal wastegate actuators can fail over time resulting in power loss/ie no boost.

sometimes it is hard to tell if a pipe has cracked and is "leaky".  So always inspect at the clamp area in a 360 degree fashion with your hand, see if there's oiliness anywhere.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

How many miles on your 2013MY! MODS! R -U VTA!

Due add your signature with your current vehicle and any Mods you may have so we can assist you better. TIA.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

DoubleDee303

Quote from: SHOdded on August 17, 2018, 05:29:52 AM
checked the hoses atop the manifold?  They tend to come loose as they are not clamped down at the factory.
when you checked the BOVs, the orange seals looked intact?  those are what fail.  post up pics if you got 'em.

pull the pipes off the turbos and inspect the turbo housing/turbine/compressor.  try moving the actuator by hand.  these internal wastegate actuators can fail over time resulting in power loss/ie no boost.

sometimes it is hard to tell if a pipe has cracked and is "leaky".  So always inspect at the clamp area in a 360 degree fashion with your hand, see if there's oiliness anywhere.

All hoses up top look good the orange rubber pieces look good I'll try and get pics I did find that my intercooler to manifold pipe is oily so I'll be replacing that hopefully that does the trick

DoubleDee303

Quote from: ZSHO on August 17, 2018, 07:20:44 AM
How many miles on your 2013MY! MODS! R -U VTA!

Due add your signature with your current vehicle and any Mods you may have so we can assist you better. TIA.  Z

Sorry still pretty new to this car has 57xxx miles and I added everything I know about the car everything was done to it when I bought it so there may be things i don't know of yet

SHOdded

If that pipe is oily, you may be needing a catch can or at least upgrade the motor oil in use.  Also likely need to check the intercooler and periodically empty it.  Suggest raising driver side of car to collect everything on passenger side of the IC first.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

DoubleDee303

DoubleDee303

Just wanted to make an update on this I drained the cac like suggested and I bought and installed ppe hot pipes and it fixed the flutter issue I also installed a jlt oil separator to help with the oil collection once again thanks for the advice

SHOdded

Glad to hear the SHO is running well.  Enjoy!

ZSHO

X2 -Awesome news indeed! enjoy the SHO & Don't be a stranger.  Z   :)

FiveLeeter918

good deal on getting it fixed. Must've been something related to the hot pipes, glad you got it figured out!
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!