• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Power loss at mid and high rpm

Started by Quinid, August 14, 2018, 04:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinid

Quote from: ToMang07 on August 14, 2018, 06:19:59 PM
Quote from: Quinid on August 14, 2018, 06:09:56 PM
Oil changed about 1500 miles ago. Doubt the plugs have been touched. Unless they check the plugs when Ford does the Ford certified thing, which was done at 21k miles. I'll try a KAM reset. Ty Hopefully not cats. Found out the hard way Ford warranty does not cover exhaust with the taurus.

QuoteThe warranty coverage period for:
• Passenger cars, light duty trucks (applies to vehicles up to 8,500
pounds GVWR)
— The emission warranty coverage period is 8 years or 80,000 miles
(whichever occurs first) for catalytic converters, electronic
emission control units, and onboard emissions diagnostic devices.

Page 23 actual, 18 in document.

https://www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/14frdwa2e.pdf

Well that would explain it. The taurus had over 80k when the cat went out. But they covered the bad injector that caused the cat to go bad.
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.

Quinid

They called again today. The mechanic is claiming a bad EGR tube is causing it. They will try to replace it today before I'm off work.
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod

SHOdded

EGR tube?  Would love to know where that is on these engines!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Quote from: SHOdded on August 30, 2018, 04:09:34 PM
EGR tube?  Would love to know where that is on these engines!

Funny I was thinking the same...EGR generally is handled via cam timing strategies now...quin ask them where that tube is because there is not on that goes from the exhaust to intake anymore
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Quinid

I will when I pick it up tomorrow afternoon.
They replaced it and claims it's running great now. They are just waiting on the door hinge to come in to fix the driver door ajar alarm.

Quinid

This is confusing... So the mechanic calls it a EGR tube. The front desk lady said it's a wastegate solenoid and the manager called it an emissions tube and claims Ford calls it a EGR tube.

Bill: Performed EEC found code P0234, Performed PPT HN1-Y, HN2-Y visual concern, vacuum supply - vacuum hose swelled out
Correction/action taken
Removed and replaced hose, cleared code and retested to verify correction
Part: AA5Z9E499A

SHOdded

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/oem-parts/ford-connector-tube-aa5z9e499a/
#15 in illustration

Referenced as a vacuum tube, I suppose it works as a pseudo EGR tube :D  $4 part causing all these headaches?  SMH.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

SO essentially its only a wategate hose!
The hose swelled out due to Ford NOT installing a hose clamp from the factory!!!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Quinid

Must have been it, cuz it runs great again.

SHOdded

They fixed it right, then, and that's what matters.  Enjoy!

0mn1p0tent

2013 Fusion SE 2.0L Code P0234 Overboost condition. 

The solution for my vehicle was a wastegate solenoid assembly (CJ5Z-9K378-B) which includes replacement hoses and the clamps.

NOTE DO NOT BUY just the Solenoid Ford part (CJ5Z-9K378-A) which is $20 cheaper.   While they look almost exactly the same, the electric connector is different and it will not fit.   How do I know this?  I am insanely cheap.  This time my frugal nature cost me an additional trip to the parts store for an exchange.
Learn from my error.   You're welcome!

45 min hour install.   20 of that was just finding the location of the part as I did not have a manual.   :P

Let the car cool completely.
Ramp or jack the vehicle.
Remove the debris shield.
From underneath the vehicle look for the part on the back of the engine, passenger side, near the turbocharger.
Remove the electrical connector, three hoses/clamps.
The part is mounted on a small bracket with a detent to keep it in place.  Wiggle it back and forth to get it off the bracket.
Reverse the process to install the replacement.   

I have seen people quote $300 for diag and installation of this part.  This was not at all a difficult job at all.   Good place to start.

ZSHO

I guess its a personal preference but in the OP case there was no need to replace the whole assembly and instead you only need to replace the 1/4 wastegate hose which is a simple plug & play install located on TOP of the manifold.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded