• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Rear Brake issue?

Started by Scott13SHO, August 13, 2018, 12:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Scott13SHO

Well another update to this-it started again after I used the brake quiet and I pulled the pads off again today after it was squealing like a pig the past couple days.

I come to find out that the outer pad on the rear drivers side was seizing up in metal bushings for some reason. When I was pulling the brakes apart, I couldn't believe the amount of rust that the components had them-none of my other cars where like this.

To make a long story short-for some reason or another the outer brake pad didn't want to slide properly on the bushings. After *ucking with it for a while, I winded up taking a dremel tool grinder to the new pad tabs and it fit and slided properly on the new bushings after that (even the OEM Ford pad I had originally installed did the same exact thing with the new bushings). The strange thing was that the pad for the other side fit no problem without any grinding done to it.

So if you do your brakes in the future, keep this in mind.
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

SHOdded

Do you service the slide pins and boots regularly?  Permatex purple Ceramic grease is a good product for this purpose, and should help keep the evildoers at bay.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Scott13SHO

Quote from: SHOdded on May 19, 2019, 06:45:47 PM
Do you service the slide pins and boots regularly?  Permatex purple Ceramic grease is a good product for this purpose, and should help keep the evildoers at bay.

The pins were fine-it was the sheet metal brackets that where the problem and just everything that was exposed being so rusty. Even the pads where rusting to the point on the backs of them that the plate they mount to was bubbling a bit. The brakes were only about 2 1/2 years old too!

I greased the points on the pads where they touch sheet metal brackets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights