• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Buying 2017 or 2018 SHO

Started by mhw100, August 12, 2018, 04:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhw100

First post by a newbie!

I'm looking to buy a 2017 or 2018 SHO but most of them do not have the PP. 

I won't want to tune it until the warranty runs out but my question is does the 3.16 ratio make a difference in 0-60 performance.  I'd like the best get up and go I can get while under warranty.  I found a 2016 thread on this subject and I believe there were mixed answers i.e. some said it would make a difference and some said otherwise. 

Could one you pros please set me straight on whether to hold out for a car with the PP or just go for base SHO.

Thank you.

FoMoCoSHO

I've owned both (2013 non/2015 PP) and if I did it again, I would probably buy non PP and add the extra cooling goodies and swap out the pads. The non PP never faded but the pads got NOISY when pushed hard.

I found the PP harder to launch at the track, didn't care for the springs (harsh ride), and the grease magnet AKA alcantara steering wheel.

bpd1151

The NON-PP's have consistently been proven to be faster in the 1/4, once a tune has been applied.

However, the added auxiliary coolers (Oil, Trans, and PTU) certainly are incredibly hard to over look.

That said, retro-fitting them on, afterwards, is not all that terribly difficult.

Really your choice ultimately. You'll be happy either way. They're great cars.

Gjkrisa

Just a wet microfiber cleans the alcantara super easy every six months  or as needed
I really like it for the extra but soft grip.
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 12, 2018, 04:21:28 PM
I've owned both (2013 non/2015 PP) and if I did it again, I would probably buy non PP and add the extra cooling goodies and swap out the pads. The non PP never faded but the pads got NOISY when pushed hard.

I found the PP harder to launch at the track, didn't care for the springs (harsh ride), and the grease magnet AKA alcantara steering wheel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Vortech347

The fact that I can turn off the stupid nannies without pulling a fuse is well worth it.  I love my PP.  I'm glad I searched hard for it.  I dig the steering wheel and enjoy the shorter gearing.

Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

Gjkrisa

Specially when a raptor tries to get you at the light
Quote from: Vortech347 on August 13, 2018, 01:01:07 AM
The fact that I can turn off the stupid nannies without pulling a fuse is well worth it.  I love my PP.  I'm glad I searched hard for it.  I dig the steering wheel and enjoy the shorter gearing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

I had both the 13 NON -PP-SHO which in a couple of weeks later traded it in for my current 13 PP- SHO!

It all boils down to personal preferences but in my case prefered the stiffer suspension similar to the PI and IMHO both are awesome cars which gets you a whole lot of car with almost every available feature possible.
Btw make sure to get an extended service plan up to 100K. Best of luck.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Wonder if you can get your vehicle CPO'd without selling to the dealership.  Coz then the max available warranty period would be a bit longer.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on August 13, 2018, 07:57:30 AM
Wonder if you can get your vehicle CPO'd without selling to the dealership.  Coz then the max available warranty period would be a bit longer.
I wish that was possible! Dunno!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|