• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tune/Tuner Decoding

Started by ToMang07, August 10, 2018, 10:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToMang07

Ok, So I have a SCT X4 (2, actually, came with the car) I figured out which one is "married" to it, however I can't figure out which tune is loaded.

I'm currently waiting to hear from Torrie to attempt to confirm they are his tunes, I have no reason to believe they aren't.

However when I look at the available tunes on the programmer, the "available" list does not match the "loaded" tune. So I'm not really sure what is loaded.

Runs like a raped ape tho, lol, this is my first time using SCT, or really any modern tuners. Only tuned vehicle I had before was an old 7.3L diesel.
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

ToMang07

These are the tunes on the other one:
~Tom~
2013 SHO - Stage 3 Snow Performance Meth, (2) SCT X4 with Unleashed, 3 Bar Map, MSD Ignition Coils w/Colder Plugs 170*TS, EcoPowerParts Hot Pipes & Tial-Q BOV) Stage 3 Motorsports Catless Downpipes 3" Cat-Back Exhaust, JLT Oil Separator, H&R Sport Springs, K&N CAI, Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/EBC Pads

ToMang07

Well, looks like Torrie won't be any help. He said the dark screened one "Those labels do not look my own." and the other one "Potentially if he renamed them."

So looks like I have no idea who's/what tunes I currently have.

Lack of help/interest is underwhelming. -_-

Question...when you load a tune, does it remove it from the list? Could that be why "Custom Tune - 59 KHDL1GF*" doesn't show/match the list of available tunes on the tuner???
~Tom~

SHOdded

Seems to be the first one since it has methanol tunes and your SHO has a Snow kit installed?

You have LiveLink, yes?  What does it show?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ToMang07

I was actually just pulling out my (very) old laptop to see if it will run it. I use it exclusively as a scanner, so it's old kind of crappy. I've never used Live Link.
~Tom~

ToMang07

Ok... got it running.... holy long list of functions Batman.

What am I looking for?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

~Tom~

ToMang07

http://ecoboostforum.com/resources/how-to-datalog-an-ecoboost.39/

Guess I'll go with this list for now.

Ambient air temp F
Barometric pressure
Engine coolant temp F
Fuel rear pressure
Gear commanded
Intake air temp2 F
Knock sensor
Lambse bank 1
Load (as a fraction)
Long term fuel trim bank 1
Manifold absolute pressure kPA
Measured afr bank 1
Rpm
Short term fuel trim bank 1
Spark advance
Throttle angle actual
Tip prs boost kpa
Tip prs boost kpa dsd (desired)
Torque converter desired slip
Torque source
Tp volts[0]
Turbo wastegate percentage
Variable valve timing exhaust bank 1
Variable valve timing intake bank 1
Vehicle speed
~Tom~

shoNoff

I have a file Torrie gave me with what he was looking for in datalogs. I don't have it with me though I can look later tonight when I get home.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ToMang07

Quote from: shoNoff on August 10, 2018, 03:32:17 PM
I have a file Torrie gave me with what he was looking for in datalogs. I don't have it with me though I can look later tonight when I get home.

I'd appreciate it. I'm kind of wondering who's tunes are on this thing. Torrie doesn't think they are his, and where it's a 3-bar sensor I know it isn't stock. I wish I knew if setting it "back to stock" saved the file for sure.... I'm kinda afraid that it will clear the tune then not work correctly. The loaded tune doesn't show up on that X4's tune list.
~Tom~

ToMang07

Quote from: ToMang07 on August 10, 2018, 03:56:11 PM
Quote from: shoNoff on August 10, 2018, 03:32:17 PM

I'd appreciate it. I'm kind of wondering who's tunes are on this thing. Torrie doesn't think they are his, and where it's a 3-bar sensor I know it isn't stock. I wish I knew if setting it "back to stock" saved the file for sure.... I'm kinda afraid that it will clear the tune then not work correctly. The loaded tune doesn't show up on that X4's tune list.

Well, after talking with SCT and Torrie not really wanting to help, I said screw it and tried the tune on the other tuner. (The WM16) and I like it. No data, and no recorded spools, (I will when I can) but it feel better right off, no "pulsing" at mid range. (Wondering if I was feeling the Meth kick in in a non-meth tune?)
~Tom~