• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How To Install AFE Power Throttle Body Spacer on 2011 SHO - Way Easy

Started by irondoor19, August 09, 2018, 12:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

So Purchased this from: Hebron Auto parts for 117.00 Approx and Low and Behold:

https://www.amazon.com/aFe-Power-Silver-46-33018-Throttle/dp/B00R6PQ1MS

Never fails One week later and 23% less, Yea it figures, ANYWAY

"Complete kit for the Explorer Sport and SHO 3.5L" 2011 thru 2
SO maybe 10 thru 16.???

Tools You Need to install, Strait Screwdriver, Socket Driver, Short to med Extension,

8MM Socket (for Bolt Removal) and 10 MM (for New bolt Install). Remove Engine Cover

1) Loosen the Clamp on the Intercooler Tube (next to the throttle Body)
2) Remove the Electrical Connector for the Map Sensor, Push Tube out of your way
3) Remove the Clip from the Noise Maker, Be Careful not to let it Spring off
    otherwise you are hunting the thing, Un clip and Remove the Noise maker and stow
4) Loosen almost all the way, the Four (4) existing Bolts and Lock washers that hold the
  throttle Body onto the Inlet manifold. Remove the lower two (2) First, then the upper ones.
5) Install the Silver Bullet (with the O Ring Facing You) Between the Throttle Body & manifold
6) Install and SNUG New Longer Bolts, Locks and Flat washers, Upper ones First then Lower Ones
7) Alternating One (1) upper, then opposing Lower One (1), Repeat and Tighten all Four bolts
8) Re-install Intercooler Tube, Noise Maker, and Electrical Connector for map Sensor

Easy Stuff ;D

2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

What is this product "claimed" to do exactly?

Will you kindly report your experiences post-install?

TIA. :cheers:

djxfactor

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 09, 2018, 03:13:01 PM

AFe "claims" +10HP and +14lbs TQ.  From my heavy research on these, it looks like independent people have dyno tested them, and the results are lower than manufacturer claims, BUT aren't total snake oil.  Average TQ gains looked to be about 7-14, but HP gains were typically nominal at 3-5HP. TORQUE, however, is our true friend, so $90 for 7-14TQ, when you're running out of mods to do, isn't too terrible of a trade off. The BIGGEST thing that the dyno results were showing though, is that these gains were recognized throughout the ENTIRE POWER BAND, which is actually kinda cool. So, while they don't work miracles by any means, if you're looking for a *little* bit extra, and have $90-$100 burning a hole in your pocket, they're worth a buy, IMO.
2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.

TopherSho

Its a 1 inch tunnel ram adapter ... i love that 50's tech is still relevant :)
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

J-Will

I find it hard to believe that this makes the air more turbulent than the twins without impeding airflow

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

jbrown9999

I've had mine installed for quite some time and I really do feel the difference.  For such a simple install and low price, its worth it.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

TopherSho

It is not the turbulence this is good old fluid dynamics at work.  Longer intake tunnels up to the point of diminishing returns make more TQ by 'hammering' in more air.. essentially exploiting mass in motion dynamics.

This is why giant intake runners are normal on old school street rods.  Some cars do not benefit. some more than others .. i question getting more then 10ftlbs from 1-2 inches .. but anything is possible.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

802SHO

I like these little add-ons, does it give you some advantage?  In the midst of not being sure...does it hurt your performance?  No.  How many times do we spend money for a mere cosmetic enhancement on our vehicles? 

With that said, I think if it won't hurt and you're just too fast and too curious....(couldnt resist saying that) try it out, for the price it's not bad. 

I went with the cheaper econoaid airaid throttle body booster...its like $30.  Claimed to spin the air post throttle body to increase fuel atomization and increase low rpm torque and response.  Does it do all this?  I'm not sure.  Its made by a reputable company.  No doubt if someone were to offer this along with their existing lineup of products, why would they if it were complete BS?  Why put themselves in a position to go out of their way to offer/ expose an inferior product?  Leads me to believe it probably actually does do what it says.  BIGGEST reason I bought it was because I use methanol and if this $30 part can increase atomization of my meth, speculated to enhance mist for optimal displacement. 

Curious George in me read the description for the econoaid throttle booster and while I was envisioning my meth spray getting utilized more efficiently....Curious George already had it in the cart and was at checkout....little bastard! Haha
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

irondoor19

If it Ever Stops Raining Out the Test and Tunes, I Will Report back for sure....

irondoor19

irondoor19

Quote from: irondoor19 on August 10, 2018, 03:13:27 PM

If it Ever Stops Raining Out the Test and Tunes, I Will Report back for sure....

what do I think:

So Seat of the Pants: Yes, Worth the Price of admission
However we also Did the Coils Not to Long ago,

MSD Coils: Noticed it Up Top and at the end of the Drag Strip
AFE Spacer: Give me till tomorrow (Test and Tune Tonight) for A Firmer yes...

FiveLeeter918

- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

irondoor19

Dam:

I can't tell from the numbers @ the Strip,
BUT By the seat of the Pants, YES
Highway Blast's up to WAY not legal Speeds: YES

Import Shoot Out this Sunday @ Trails, Will Try this again....!

jbrown9999

Quote from: irondoor19 on August 23, 2018, 12:57:11 PM
Dam:

I can't tell from the numbers @ the Strip,
BUT By the seat of the Pants, YES
Highway Blast's up to WAY not legal Speeds: YES

Import Shoot Out this Sunday @ Trails, Will Try this again....!

Thanks for the affirmation.  Like I was saying, for me, there was a SOTP difference but I had nothing to compare specific data against.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod