• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How To Install AFE Power Throttle Body Spacer on 2011 SHO - Way Easy

Started by irondoor19, August 09, 2018, 12:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Would love to see a before and after dyno on the 3.5 Ecoboost with this... My gut screams snake oil...

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 05, 2018, 10:27:15 AM
Would love to see a before and after dyno on the 3.5 Ecoboost with this... My gut screams snake oil...
I would agree.

Equivalent to that old school contraption called the "Tornado" that one would place into the intake piping to speed up, or cyclone the air.

Ha. Oh man, the things that have been fabricated over the years.

Aye yai yai **smh**

shoNoff

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 05, 2018, 10:36:03 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 05, 2018, 10:27:15 AM
I would agree.

Equivalent to that old school contraption called the "Tornado" that one would place into the intake piping to speed up, or cyclone the air.

Ha. Oh man, the things that have been fabricated over the years.

Aye yai yai **smh**

Ahahahaha the tornado I remember all those commercials. I haven't heard of that product in years. Once I get the car a little more dialed in on the new turbos I'll buy one and test it. My car usually runs within a .02 on back to back passes.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 05, 2018, 11:05:59 AM
Still available!!!!

https://www.tornadoair.com/

Sweet Jesus.

Certainly that must be an updated version by now?

One of the "sharks" must be behind its' continued marketing ploys/investments.

Unreal.

shoNoff

Nice find SBS, seriously I love the marketing on it "Pays for itself" lol

Jordan

My question is if those claims are true why would no manufacturer do said modification from the factory. Seems like a good way to up your power on your engines with little investment? That's why I will never get behind these sort of things. On naturally aspirated motors maybe, new age direct injection turbo charged engines? Not at all. Would like to see some incontestable proof.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SHOdded

well, the theory has some legs to it, that is why manufacturers have indeed implemented it, for quite some time now.  One example is Ford's HSC (high swirl combustion) in the Tempo back in the 80's.  It works.  As for this particular device, it will at least chop up any pests clinging to the air box.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Signal_13

So will the product at the amazon link work with my '14 SHO? I had one on my 4.6 mustang and liked it. It may be a placebo thing but it worked for me. Amazon says the product linked up top won't work with my '14. Anyone have a link for one for mine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

If someone that has this can do a before and after dyno, I will open my wallet to buy it, if it works.

shoNoff

Quote from: StealBlueSho on September 05, 2018, 09:48:00 PM
If someone that has this can do a before and after dyno, I will open my wallet to buy it, if it works.

I'm going to buy one and go to the track. I think my car is consistent enough to show results. These are my slips from the other night on the 93 tune.

802SHO

Quote from: shoNoff on September 05, 2018, 10:01:18 PM

I'm going to buy one and go to the track. I think my car is consistent enough to show results. These are my slips from the other night on the 93 tune.

I bet it does work.  I have the Airaid Econaide throttle body booster and AJP absolutely loves the way my alky control sprays...the booster has been there since day one of logs but how could it NOT be affecting the meth spray? 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

jbrown9999

Quote from: shoNoff on September 05, 2018, 10:01:18 PM

Have you been able to determine anything specific with the spacer as of yet?
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

shoNoff

I haven't even ordered one yet. My local track is closed this weekend for a divisional race. It is also closed next thurs-sun for a county fair. So it will be a couple weeks before I can run on a Friday night. Wednesday nights are a waste on my time as they do zero track prep. Im going to try to make a couple back to back runs with and without the spacer. I don't think it will take me more then 10 mins to swap it out at the track.

jbrown9999

Quote from: shoNoff on September 07, 2018, 01:18:50 PM
I haven't even ordered one yet. My local track is closed this weekend for a divisional race. It is also closed next thurs-sun for a county fair. So it will be a couple weeks before I can run on a Friday night. Wednesday nights are a waste on my time as they do zero track prep. Im going to try to make a couple back to back runs with and without the spacer. I don't think it will take me more then 10 mins to swap it out at the track.

Just be careful with that O ring...especially since you just found out you didn't have it originally!  LOL
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod